Staff Software Engineer
Platform Engineering | Remote | Full Time | From $148,000.00 to $185,000.00 per year
Join Episource, a leading provider of risk-adjustment services, software, and solutions for health plans and medical groups.
As our Staff Software Engineer, you’re responsible for the Quality Engineering Group's architectural decision-making and overall technical steering.
As a technology team member, we invest in our people, inviting you to grow and elevate your skill set. As an owner of your career path, a desire for innovation and evolution will launch you to success throughout your tenure at Episource.
As our Staff Software Engineer, you will be an individual contributor and report to Episource’s Director, Software Engineering. This is a remote, full-time position, contract work-from-home position.
Learn how you’ll impact Episource:
- Leverage your coding skills. As our Staff Software Engineer, you will architect and design in Quality, ensuring the quality of Episource’s Premium products.
- Observe with an eye for improvement. You understand the testing philosophy and will bring the best practices, automation techniques, and frameworks to your team.
- Coach, collaborate, and communicate. Partner with product owners in building, enhancing, and maintaining the Quality of Episource’s products. You will work with leadership and other senior engineers to elevate the performance of your team and the teams around you in the department by establishing sound engineering practices and principles.
- Serve as a tech architecture and engineering SME. As one of our subject matter experts, you will develop new strategies, supporting our flourishing projects and overall business model. Your grasp of TypeScript, React, Node.js, Java, Python, event-driven architectures, and relational databases will launch you to success throughout your tenure at Episource.
What your journey at Episource will look like:
- In your first three months at Episource, familiarize yourself with Episource processes, applications, and tech stack.
- Throughout your next six months at Episource, you’ll improve quality metrics through discovery and implementation derived from research, performance, and automation testing.
- By the end of your first year at Episource, you’ll work cross-functionally, integrating a performance framework that will be standardized across the organization.
Here is how you will benefit as a valued member of our Expert Teams at Episource.
- Remote culture with company equipment
- Career Development
Here is what you’ll bring to the Expert Teams at Episource.
- Proven expertise in performance engineering, including load testing, stress testing, and performance optimization
- Operational experience in design patterns/anti-patterns, event-driven, and cloud architecture
- Working understanding of microservices architectures
- Active understanding of highly scalable distributed and cloud-native data stores
- Proficient in building applications with TypeScript, Python, or another modern JVM-style language
- Practical skills in React, Node.js, GraphQL, SQL, and current CI/CD pipelines
- Superior communication skills.
Here is a good-to-have for the role at Episource:
- Professional Certification
- Working knowledge of Snowflake and Apache Kafka
Salary Range: $148,000 - $180,000 / year
Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, location, and other relevant factors. This is Episource’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this position as of the time of posting. In addition to your salary, Episource offers a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, and 401k contributions. (All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements: please see our benefits section above for more information.)
EPIC Core Values: Entrepreneurial, Positive, Integrity, Customer-focused
The embodiment of our EPIC Core Values defines our team member experience. We are proud to demonstrate and celebrate these values daily, and we showcase these to one another, our candidates and applicants, and our esteemed clients.
Expert Teams. Ingenious Technologies.
Our journey started in 2006 with medical billing and coding services for physicians, then pivoted to HCC coding for payers. We’ve grown by learning and listening to clients. Our entrepreneurial mindset drives innovation and collaboration and aims to provide exceptional service experiences. Fifteen years later, we are a platform company delivering insights and interventions using superior technology workflows and people.