Principal Software Engineer
Technology | Remote | Full Time | From $204,000.00 to $255,000.00 per year
Join Episource, a leading provider of risk-adjustment services, software, and solutions for health plans and medical groups.
Bring your passion for designing new products to a flourishing organization as our Principal Software Engineer serving the Quality Engineering group. As Episource’s Principal Software Engineer in Quality, you will be an individual contributor and report to our Director of Engineering. This role is open to individuals in North America only. It is a remote, full-time, work-from-home position.
As a technology team member, we invest in our people, inviting you to grow and elevate your skill set. As an owner of your career path, a desire for innovation and evolution will launch you to success throughout your tenure at Episource.
How you will make an impact at Episource:
- Lead the way. Bring your best engineering philosophies, practices, automation techniques, and frameworks to Episource. As an Episource Principal Software Engineer in Quality, you will contribute to ensuring the quality of Episource’s premium products.
- Partner with a passion. By partnering with Episource’s leadership team, product owners, and fellow senior engineers, you will elevate and transform not only the performance of your team but also ensure the quality of Episource products.
- Collaborate and coach. Provide mentorship and thought leadership throughout the team, guaranteeing accurate and effective pair programming, code reviews, and more. Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale to maintain high code quality standards.
- Leverage your love for architecture and design. Empathetically review performance, elevating the team’s observability and, ultimately, Episource products.
- Serve as a software design SME. As one of our subject matter experts, you will develop new test strategies, supporting our flourishing projects and overall business model. Your grasp of TypeScript, React, Node.js, Java, Python, event-driven architectures, and relational databases will launch you to success throughout your tenure at Episource.
- Communication is key. Effectively communicate your fresh and dynamic ideas to fellow engineers and stakeholders. Identify ways to enhance patterns and processes with our department, ensuring the highest quality interface and Episource product features.
What your journey at Episource will look like:
- In your first three months at Episource, you will contribute to your team and begin understanding the department's processes.
- Throughout your next six months at Episource, you will actively participate in cross-functional discussions and decision-making, establishing yourself as a subject matter expert within the organization.
- By the end of your first year at Episource, you will lead technical initiatives and work with team leads and other staff engineers across the department to establish sound development processes.
What you will bring to the Expert Teams at Episource:
- Proven expertise in performance engineering, including load testing, stress testing, and performance optimization
- Operational experience in design patterns/anti-patterns, event-driven, and cloud architecture
- Working understanding of microservices architectures
- Active understanding of highly scalable distributed and cloud-native data stores
- Proficient in building applications with TypeScript, Python, or another modern JVM-style language
- Practical skills in React, Node.js, GraphQL, SQL, and current CI/CD pipelines
- Strong communication skills
- Collaboration is your bread and butter
- Servant leadership style will mix perfectly with the current team
- Nice to have: Experience in event sourcing toolings such as AWS, Kinesis, or Apache Kafka
EPIC Core Values: Entrepreneurial, Positive, Integrity, Customer-focused
The embodiment of our EPIC Core Values defines our team member experience. We are proud to demonstrate and celebrate these values daily, and we showcase these to one another, our candidates and applicants, and our esteemed clients.
Expert Teams. Ingenious Technologies.
Our journey started in 2006 with medical billing and coding services for physicians, then pivoted to HCC coding for payers. We’ve grown by learning and listening to clients. Our entrepreneurial mindset drives innovation and collaboration and aims to provide exceptional service experiences. Fifteen years later, we are a platform company delivering insights and interventions using superior technology workflows and people.
Salary Range (or rate): $204,000-$255,000 annually
Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, location, and other relevant factors. This is Episource’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this position as of the time of posting.
Episource will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination for all patient-facing healthcare workers and client-facing employees.
Episource, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Episource, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.