Sr. Staff Software Engineer
Platform Engineering | Mexico -Fully Remote | Full Time
Join Episource, a leading provider of risk-adjustment services, software, and solutions for health plans and medical groups.
As a technology team member, we invest in our people, inviting you to grow and elevate your skill set. As an owner of your career path, a desire for innovation and evolution will launch you to success throughout your tenure at Episource.
Bring your passion for the design of new products to a flourishing organization as our Sr. Staff Software Engineer. As Episource's Sr Staff Software Engineer, you will be an individual contributor and report to our Director, Engineering Quality. It is a remote, full-time, work-from-home position.
***This position is open to Latin America applicants only.***
How you will make an impact at Episource:
- Lead the way. Bring your best engineering philosophies, practices, automation techniques, and frameworks to Episource. As an Episource Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will contribute to developing Episource's premium products.
- Partner with a passion. By partnering with Episource's leadership team, product owners, and fellow senior engineers, you will elevate and transform your team's performance.
- Collaborate and coach. Provide mentorship and thought leadership throughout the team, guaranteeing accurate and effective code. Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale to maintain high-quality standards.
- Serve as a software SME. As one of our subject matter experts, you will develop and test new features, supporting our flourishing projects and overall business model. Your grasp of TypeScript, React, Node.js, and relational databases will launch you to success throughout your tenure at Episource.
What your journey at Episource will look like:
- In your first three months at Episource, you will be a key contributor to your team and begin understanding the department's processes.
- Throughout your next six months at Episource, you will actively participate in cross-functional discussions and decision-making, establishing yourself as a subject matter expert within the organization.
- By the end of your first year at Episource, you will lead technical initiatives and work with team leads and other staff engineers across the department to establish sound development processes.
Here is how you will benefit as a valued member of our Expert Teams at Episource.
- Remote culture with company equipment, virtual access, and monthly internet allowance
- Self-managed Flexible Time Off / Paid Time Off + eight paid holidays per year
- Parental Leave
- Wellness Programs (EAP, Calm App)
- 401(k) with company match
- Career Development: Tuition reimbursement, certifications, and seminars
- Health, Vision, Dental, Voluntary Life, and AD&D Insurance
- Health Savings Account / Flexible Savings Account
Here is what you'll bring to the Expert Teams at Episource.
- Proven expertise in performance engineering, including load testing, stress testing, and performance optimization
- Operational experience in design patterns/anti-patterns, event-driven, and cloud architecture
- Working understanding of microservices architectures
- Active understanding of highly scalable distributed and cloud-native data stores
- Proficient in building applications with TypeScript, Python, or another modern JVM-style language
- Practical skills in React, Node.js, GraphQL, SQL, and current CI/CD pipelines
- Strong communication skills
- Collaboration is your bread and butter.
- Servant leadership style will mix perfectly with the current team
Here is a good-to-have for the role at Episource:
- Professional Certification
- Working knowledge of Snowflake and Apache Kafka
EPIC Core Values: Entrepreneurial, Positive, Integrity, Customer-focused
The embodiment of our EPIC Core Values defines our team member experience. We are proud to demonstrate and celebrate these values daily, and we showcase these to one another, our candidates and applicants, and our esteemed clients.
Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, location, and other relevant factors. This is Episource's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this position as of the time of posting. In addition to your salary, Episource offers a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, and 401k contributions. (All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements; please see our benefits section above for more information.)
Expert Teams. Ingenious Technologies. Our journey started in 2006 with medical billing and coding services for physicians, then pivoted to HCC coding for payers. We've grown by learning and listening to clients. Our entrepreneurial mindset drives innovation and collaboration and aims to provide exceptional service experiences. Fifteen years later, we are a platform company delivering insights and interventions using superior technology workflows and people.