Developer Marketing and Relations Lead
Marketing | Multiple cities | Full Time
Software developers use Devpost to discover and participate in most of the world’s software competitions (hackathons), and for finding inspiration to build their next project. Paying customers who trust us to reach these developers include Amazon, Google, TechCrunch, Microsoft, Atlassian, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, DocuSign, and many others big and small. Our team members are motivated, passionate, productive, and fun, and they stay because of our team and because they're making a big impact (see more on that below).
As the Developer Marketing and Community lead, you will help grow, inspire, and nurture our community of software developers. You'll create and execute partnership programs, build a community leadership structure, highlight developers and their projects, and anything else you think will best achieve our clear goals. You'll work closely with each employee at the company and learn from an exceptional team of empowered individuals.
- Have 2+ years developer marketing / relations experience
- Can comfortably communicate with software developers about code
- Are passionate about growing and nurturing communities
- Are an excellent writer and communicator
- Are organized, reliable, and productive
- Are excited to work collaboratively with a fun group of people
- Excel in a fast-paced environment where you're given freedom, resources, and clear goals
How We Operate
Our employees are empowered to take ownership of their initiatives, and to make decisions in line with our metrics and mission. That mission -- to inspire developers to build -- is firmly rooted in the belief that technology can bring about important change and improve lives.
We're small (~15 employees), growing, profitable, and the leaders in our space. Our office is in NYC but remote is welcome and we have several remote employees. We have a great culture with superb individuals who stay here an average of about 6 years; the two biggest reasons employees say they stay are "the people" and "the impact."
Hours and compensation
- This is a full-time position
- We believe in work/life balance, and family/health always come first. Making an impact at work is a close second.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and the market
- Stock options
- Great benefits
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining why you'd be a great candidate.