Database Developer Lead
Engineering | Islamabad, Pakistan | Full Time
Convo creates workspace software for companies to make team communication a breeze. If you find yourself spending your entire day in your inbox, Convo makes it so much better. Today, the company serves over 12,000 businesses across 156 countries, with support for 33 different file types – including images, presentations and documents.
About the Role
The Senior Database Developer/Architect will collaborate with development teams to design, develop, implement, and operate database infrastructure in order to provide reliable and scalable database platforms.
Candidate will be responsible for driving the direction and design of databases performance, monitoring, handling service requests, zero-down-time upgrades and developing tooling to determine when to scale.
The ideal candidate must have demonstrable experience with Postgres and Oracle databases. His/her responsibilities includes but not limited to design, develop, test, implement and maintain the new and existing databases. Primary job is to understand the domain with the architects and suggest table structures and relations best fitted for the solution. As a senior database developer, he/she will create databases and its objects that are best fitted for the solution. Also, to provide best management methods and systems to access information stored in the database efficiently by not only managing the data at rest but also manages the stored procedures, functions and database queries.
• Being proactive
• Having methods/tools for problem solving with analytical approach
• Being a good communicator
• Having documentation and organizational skills
• Being able to investigate and plan technical solutions to the database related problems using logs and other tools having
• Self-motivated driven with a purpose in his career
• Having a competent judgement to inform problems to his superiors on time
• Deadline oriented
• Minimum 9-10 years of professional software development experience with RDBMS systems
• Good command over query writing, optimization, stored procedures, functions, cursors and temporary tables, Indexing, partitioning and file grouping
• A Good understanding of G-cloud and AWS-RDS will be preferred.
• Understanding of connection pooling, table locking, transactions isolation and atomicity, deadlocks and resource management in Postgres and Oracle using the advanced tools for debugging and profiling
• Postgres and Oracle monitoring, Optimizing and maintaining efficiency of data retrieving.
• Good written English and communication skills
Good to have:
• Postgres and Oracle deployments/Installations, configurations on bare-metal, G-cloud and AWS.
• Installation and configuration of Postgres and Oracle on docker containers.