Senior Backend Developer
InCyt | Remote - United States | Full Time | From $120,000.00 to $145,000.00 per year
Circadence is looking for passionate and motivated engineers who are excited to transform the cybersecurity education and awareness space to join our InCyt product team. We are a diverse and growing organization of engineers, game developers, educators, and researchers, leveraging gamification and creative solutions to reinvent how cybersecurity education and training is experienced and delivered. Our mission is to democratize top quality cybersecurity training by building revolutionary, engaging, accessible, and pedagogically sound learning experiences for everyone from technical novices to seasoned experts, delivered at scale through the cloud. InCyt is a gamified cyber awareness training platform for audiences of all backgrounds, providing a hands-on and fun learning experience for familiarizing users with critically important cybersecurity concepts and practices.
The Backend Development Engineer will be part of a dedicated, close-knit product team consisting of Unity Engineers and Technical Creatives with decades of game development experience, working to architect and build scalable backend infrastructure solutions for InCyt. You will have a lead role in our efforts in designing, building, securing, testing, integrating, and deploying the backend for our InCyt product, to include cloud resource provisioning, user management, product instrumentation for analytics, and administrative infrastructure. Ideal candidates will have a desire for and experience with balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt.
Circadence has leveraged its history of software advancement, multi-player game development, and a deep understanding of application optimization to offer fully-immersive, innovative cybersecurity training platforms. Our flagship commercial offering, Project Ares, provides cybersecurity learners and professionals alike with the opportunity to practice skills and hone tactics in realistic virtual environments with real-world tools and network activity, available 24/7 worldwide. Circadence's portfolio is expanding rapidly and includes other emerging SaaS and PaaS Cyber Security product lines from security awareness to expert cyber security training and operational platforms supporting both commercial, education, and government customers.
Minimum experience and qualifications
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years designing and developing enterprise grade software
- 2+ years of team software development
- Comfortable with virtual collaboration and communication
- Comfortable presenting material to a group
- Experience with cloud based global deployment strategies and patterns
- Experience with Azure Services
- Experience with relational database technologies (SQL Server preferred)
- Experience with web server configuration and load balancing (Nginx preferred)
- Experience with integrating Single Sign-On systems
- Experience developing and deploying APIs
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments such as Azure DevOps or Github/Github Actions
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience developing in PHP and type-safe backend languages like C#
Desired Experience and Skills
- Experience developing .NET Core apps
- Experience with user management frameworks (UserFrosting preferred)
- Location: Remote
- Travel: None
- Schedule: Full-time
The benefits of working at Circadence
Compensation negotiable, depending on level of experience - $120,000 - $145,000. Circadence offers comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan with 4% match as well as flexible time off.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Circadence Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Circadence will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
All Circadence employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.