DevSecOps Software Engineer
Federal Services, R&D | Tupelo, MS | Full Time | From $120,000.00 to $150,000.00 per year
Job Title: DevSecOps Software Engineer (Mid or Senior)
Department: Federal Services
Job Purpose: Provide direct support to Network Operations Security Center (NOSC).
About Circadence Corporation
Circadence is an award-winning, privately held, US-owned business that specializes in cybersecurity training and assessment platforms. Our core area of expertise is the development and management of cyber range capabilities, implementation of policies, processes and tools required to conduct cyber assessments, and cyber workforce development using Project Ares gamified training platform. Circadence has spent more than a decade working with the Joint Information Operations Range (JIOR) and Joint Mission Environment Test Capability (JMETC) Multiple Independent Levels of Security (MILS) Network (JMN), Red Team Infrastructure, and building cyber ranges for test, evaluation, and training. Circadence supports the National Cyber Range Complex (NCRC). Software development programs focus on tools and services to enhance cyber operations.
We are looking for a permanent full-time qualified DevSecOps software engineer with five to ten years of industry experience who are interested in joining a highly successful and dynamic organization. A strong background in developing configuration and automation management solutions. Specific duties include designing and developing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes for developmental cyber applications. The candidate will need to possess strong communication skills (written and verbal) as the work includes interfacing with various sub-product teams to develop the CI/CD infrastructure needed by the teams. Additionally, the CI/CD infrastructure for the teams needs to be blended into overarching system to support CI/CD needs for the entire Federal business portfolio.
Experience and Skills Desired
- Strong operational experience in Linux/Unix environment and scripting languages: Shell, Perl, Python.
- Strong automation skills. Knowledge of Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, virtualization with VMware and KVM with subject matter expertise in containerization using Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience working within an integrated development environment using tools such as: Git, Jira, VSTS, SVN, Redmine, CVS, Yum and Artifactory
- Experience in applying Lean software principles (Agile, Spiral, Waterfall)
- Experience working with cloud services (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Understand TCP/IP, UDP, and VITA 49 protocols
- Knowledge / experience in cyber focused software applications, cybersecurity policies and products (STIG, SIEM, IDS/IPS, DLP, WAF, endpoint security)
- Experience developing full-stack applications, APIs and building automation tools and scripts
- Experience with the Atlassian (Jira, Confluence) tool sets is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering Life Cycle
- Strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility in accomplishing the service line and function goals.
- Experience with Dynamic Provisioning such as: Spacewalk, Vagrant, Packer, Foreman
- Proficient with Automated testing tools such as: Postman, Artillery, T-Robot etc.
- A strong understanding of diverse infrastructure platforms and infrastructure concepts required.
- Demonstrated capabilities in configuration and automation management.
- Strong communication skills (verbal communication skills, collaboration skills).
- 5 Years development experience. Experience as a Sysadmin is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or related technical discipline from accredited college or university is required.
- Must be located at or near Tupelo, MS, or Huntsville, AL or be willing to relocate
- US Citizen/US Resident required. Ability to obtain a security clearance is required. Existing DoD security clearance a plus.
The benefits of working at Circadence
Compensation negotiable, depending on level of experience - $120,000 - $150,000.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Circadence Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Circadence will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
All Circadence employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.