Internal Application: Web Developer
eCommerce | Hybrid in Tokyo, Japan | Full Time
As a Web Developer, you will manage client relationships during our “post-launch” optimization phase. Your day-to-day could consist of website content updates, creation of new pages for existing websites in our portfolio, among many other updates. You'll be working alongside project managers, designers, developers, copywriters, and digital marketers. You will work as part of a team and lead strategic initiatives to drive performance and revenue for hotel clients through the direct booking channel. Your role will involve close collaboration with other members of the global Cendyn team to share ideas, problems, and solutions.
The right candidate for this role is 50% website support and/or account management and 50% front-end web developer, who is constantly learning and takes the initiative to research and learn best practices related to website development, usability, optimization, accessibility, and overall best practices.
- Directly responsible for responding to tickets in our ticketing system in a timely and professional manner, per our service level agreements.
- Working in our existing Github/Bitbucket repositories to add new pages, make content updates, and publish updates to production environments.
- Working within our custom CMS (training will be provided) to make client requested updates.
- Working with WordPress to contribute to new website projects and to make client requested updates.
- Support strategic initiatives to drive performance and revenue for hotel clients through the direct booking channel.
- Proven ability to manage multiple clients in a fast-paced, high-performance environment.
- Successfully manage client workflow and achieve on time delivery of projects and reports.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to effectively identify issues and opportunities, and communicate and prioritize how to address them.
- Ability to be self-managed and self-motivated on a day-to-day basis with little oversight and guidance.
- Strong problem solving abilities and ability to be resourceful and self-educate to grow personal expertise.
Experience & Education
- Bilingual Fluency (Japanese/English)
- 3+ years relevant experience working directly with clients and supporting websites.
- 3+ years of PHP development experience
- Experience with MySQL Database administration.
- Experience working remotely with a virtual, distributed team.
- Degree or Certification in Web Development, Information Systems, Communications, or other related programs preferred.
- Freelancing or consulting background is a plus.
- Preferred experience using website content management systems including WordPress.
- Experience in the travel/hotel vertical is preferred, but not required.
Cendyn is a fast growing and dynamic software and services company with over 5,000 customers worldwide serving the global hotel and hospitality industry. Cendyn is headquartered in Florida with offices in New York City, London and Hyderabad. With video conferencing technology, chat communities, and workflow automation, we’ve created a culture of teamwork in which geography is irrelevant as we collaborate across the globe. We work together to create, refine, and then shape new ideas into great products for our customers.
Working at Cendyn is an opportunity to join an exciting entrepreneurial company with a track record of success. We are highly selective in our hiring process, seeking individuals with demonstrated excellence in their professional and academic backgrounds. We look for smart people who are passionate about technology and the web, who care deeply about their careers, and who want to work hard and have fun.
We offer a collaborative and interdependent team environment where you can apply your experience and knowledge to help our customers achieve success.