Senior Scrum Master
Development | Remote a possibility | Full Time
The Senior Scrum Manager will lead the R&D teams from the perspective of Agile processes. This would include process definition, Agile Scrum based Software development along with cross functional communication, software technical project management, and requirements traceability[RL1] [RL2] . This position also defines the metrics to be used to track process improvement in SAFe (Scaled Agile for enterprise). This position leads the other Scrum masters of multiple Agile teams and provides clear resource loading of software team and capacity planning of the software. This position also represents the team at Release level to report status of multiple Agile feature teams to leadership.
Leadership and collaboration
• Work as Scrum Master across R&D Scrum teams, with the added responsibility of mentoring/coaching one or more Scrum teams with remote team members worldwide.
• Act as a Facilitator, running Release Planning Sessions, Retrospectives, daily stand-ups, etc.
• Responsible for removing impediments both on a team and at a global organizational level.
• Accountable for implementing Agile practices through hands-on mentoring of teams (local and remote).
• Implement/improve Agile approaches as needed with new teams/team members globally.
• Advise and assist project team members, including top management, in the application of Agile mindset, tools, techniques, standards and processes.
• Share best practices, wins and struggles with other Scrum Masters.
Team Performance Reporting
• Define and record meaningful Agile team KPIs and performance measurements, designed to meet or exceed team goals.
• Analyze[RL3] team's Agile performance and feedback, using that information for continuous improvement and increased customer satisfaction.
• Provide tactical direction and set priorities to deliver to plans/budget and resolve day-to-day project issues.
• Perform risk assessment, tracking, resolution, escalation and closeout to ensure satisfactory project performance and delivery.
• Propose solutions proactively in recognition of project challenges.
• Manage and maintain tools, metrics, and related processes.
• Instill process discipline and a culture of accountability focused on collaboration across the R&D organization.
• Able to work within a cross-functional, geographically dispersed team environment to complete project commitments.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience being a CSM and CPO
- At least 3+ years Scrum Master experience in any well-known software environment.
- At least 2+ years Agile coach experience
- Certified as PMI-ACP.
- Expert knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Good skills to coach team how to follow Agile Scrum[RL4] .
- Expert [EC5] knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Familiar with common development practices, service-oriented environments, and Agile practices.
- Ability to take and understand the team’s commitment to deliver the product on time.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- PMP Certification a plus
- Experience with Target Process, Azure Devops or other Agile tools a plus.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Skills to coordinate up ~4 Scrum workstreams at a time
- Ability to train, mentor junior colleagues with patience with tangible results
What we Offer:
Start-up culture with opportunity to make an impact in your role and our team immediately
Compensation corresponding to the value you bring to our team
Excellent on-the-job learning opportunity to grow your skills
Support of a diverse and international team to reach your goals
We are unable to provide relocation assistance for this role
We are unable to provide employment sponsorship for this role - unrestricted work authorization required
Cendyn is the leading innovative cloud software and services provider for the hospitality industry. Their software solutions drive sales, marketing, and revenue performance for tens of thousands of hotels across the globe with a focus on integrated hotel CRM, hotel sales, and revenue strategy technology platforms. The Cendyn Hospitality Cloud offers a complete set of software services for the industry, aligning marketing, sales, and revenue teams to optimize their strategies and drive performance and loyalty across their business units. With office headquarters in Boca Raton, FL, USA, and offices around the globe in Germany, Singapore, Thailand, and Japan, Cendyn proudly serves customers in 143 countries. Their software solutions deliver billions of data-driven, personalized communications on behalf of their customers every year. For more information on Cendyn, visit cendyn.com.
EEO Statement and Commitment to Diversity
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Cendyn is committed to diversity and inclusion, and is unified in our shared values and mission.