Lead Software Engineer, Integrations Platform
Development | Boca Raton, FL | Full Time
Serve as the lead resource on the delivery and lifecycle of various projects Mentor junior team members and guide them on technical issues related to the tasks they have been assigned Work with project managers to plan releases and project delivery dates Review the code produced by team members Design and implement new features and changes to the core services like room availability search that is used by users on hotel websites to search for available rooms, reservation service used for creating a reservation in the system using Java, Spring and Hibernate Design and implement new features and changes to the backend of the CRS Software. Work on large client projects, participate in requirement gathering sessions with customers, technical calls with customers IT teams and IT teams of other involved vendors, design the solution, implement Work on performance and scalability enhancements to the product Work on implementing new web service integrations e.g. with Expedia, Booking.com Help troubleshoot production incidents and issues reported by customers Investigate application logs, server statistics and application code, simulate and reproduce the problem, identify the root cause and produce a detailed root cause analysis Participate in technology discussions, code reviews Write unit tests, make sure the tests pass when new code is committed to the repository Participate in agile software release cycles, ensure timelines are met Represent TravelTrippers engineering team during technical discussions with the IT/technology teams of our customers and partners as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- 5 years of experience in jobs such as Lead Software Engineer, Integrations Platform, Software Developer, Programmer Analyst or related jobs.
- Experience must include 5 years of software engineering experience building high volume consumer-facing applications and writing efficient, testable and maintainable code using Java and J2EE Technologies.
- 3 years of experience in database design and writing high performance database access code.
- 2+ years of experience in open source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate.