Director, Customer Experience
Customer Delivery | Remote - FL, GA, TX or IL pref | Full Time
Reporting to VP, Customer Experience, the Director, Customer Experience is responsible for all strategic planning, customer experience, and overall success of Cendyn customer relationships with assigned strategic and growth customer accounts. The primary focus of the role will be to develop relationships with customer hotel executives and decision makers within existing customers to successfully expand utilization of Cendyn’s products and services. The role requires strategic planning and consultative selling, while interfacing with some of the most senior decision makers in the hospitality landscape.
As a senior member of the Customer Experience team, this position will lead a core group of Account Managers. Additionally, they will be a mentor to other team members and may be involved in more team related efforts.
In addition, this position is accountable for partnering with others to introduce Cendyn’s new products and product enhancements, ongoing best practice and product guidance, and communicating customer related enhancement requests to the product team.
The position is remote/home office. Strong preference for Boca Raton, FL area or the following states: AZ, CA, FL,GA, MA, MO, NE, NV, OH, PA, TX.
- Review and communicate performance using Business Intelligence Reporting options
- Identify, resolve, and/or escalate potential client issues
- Contact clients on a regular basis including in-depth weekly or monthly calls to review campaign performance, suggesting additional email marketing strategies and campaign optimizations to continuously improve results
- Assess current pricing and revenue management-related business practices and policies and recommend “best practices” to customer success
- Lead the design of relevant, practical solutions for customer issues that can be readily implemented and gains endorsement by involved parties (needs specific identification of the parties)
- Build and maintain ongoing business partner relationships and develop methods of customer success management that allow for continuous improvement in customer satisfaction
- Acts flexibly and responsibly to meet customer requirements
- Establish credibility and customer confidence by implementing regular customer communication, in-person visits and performance reviews
- Understand client needs/objectives, develop strategies and recommendations with our Cendyn products to improve key performance metrics and drive revenue
- Provide regular performance and strategy reviews with each client
- Manage projects involving clients and various internal Cendyn departments
- Identify opportunities for ongoing learning to ensure full implementation by each customer
- Conduct analyses of clients’ business challenges, needs, competitive landscape, and future plans to improve how our product can address these needs
- Prioritize requests for system enhancements and coordinate follow-up with the Rainmaker or customer’s product management group
- Provide input and feedback, from a business user’s perspective to the Cendyn Product group, on solution features and functionality
- Identify and maximize opportunities to build long term relationships that are mutually beneficial
- People management responsibilities including recruitment, onboarding, performance management and coaching/mentoring team members
- Demonstrate the willingness to push your team to continually provide exceptional service and strategy.
- Maintain a working knowledge of each Property Management System and how it integrates with Cendyn products
- Make high impact presentations to influence client actions
- Use Salesforce and other CRM products to communicate and track customer interactions
Required Education and Experience:
- BA or BS from accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- As this position leads a team supporting a mix of products both marketing and revenue management related, experience in one of the below is required.
- 5+ years of experience in account management
- 5+ years of experience in hotel marketing
- 5+ years of experience in Hospitality or Casino Revenue Management
- Additional experience in these areas is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in Hotel Operations or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience working in a CRM or email marketing field, preferably in the hospitality vertical
- Experience evaluating competitive landscape, market trends, and customer insights
- Familiarity with CRM database applications and enterprise-level software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint
- Business Management Skills - Strong leadership skills (listening, communications, coaching,), proven ability to formulate and implement strategies, ability to manage in a matrix organization, ability to implement and manage change.
- Account / Relationship Management - ability to retain and grow accounts, with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Planning and Organizational Skills –Excellent organizational, planning, and proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Decision Making – Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Office Tools – Strong technical aptitude and skilled in MS Windows-based office tools including SharePoint, presentation software, database software and desktop applications.
- Empowerment, Coaching and Teambuilding – Ability to provide guidance and coaching while empowering staff to perform their role. Create and maintain sense of teamwork to ensure accountability, cooperation, and collaboration towards a common goal.
- Analytical and Conceptual Thinking – Ability to interpret and analyze situations, identify solutions, and formulate recommendations for effective management.
- Innovation – Ability to initiate creative thinking to accomplish continuous improvement and evolution of the department.
- Communication – Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Solid communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of management, staff, and/or outside contacts.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner.
What we Offer:
Start-up culture with opportunity to make an impact in your role and our team immediately
Compensation corresponding to the value you bring to our team
Excellent on-the-job learning opportunity to grow your skills
Support of a diverse and international team to reach your goals
We are unable to provide relocation assistance for this role
We are unable to provide employment sponsorship for this role - unrestricted work authorization required
Cendyn is the leading innovative cloud software and services provider for the hospitality industry. Their software solutions drive sales, marketing, and revenue performance for tens of thousands of hotels across the globe with a focus on integrated hotel CRM, hotel sales, and revenue strategy technology platforms. The Cendyn Hospitality Cloud offers a complete set of software services for the industry, aligning marketing, sales, and revenue teams to optimize their strategies and drive performance and loyalty across their business units. With office headquarters in Boca Raton, FL, USA, and offices around the globe in Germany, Singapore, Thailand, and Japan, Cendyn proudly serves customers in 143 countries. Their software solutions deliver billions of data-driven, personalized communications on behalf of their customers every year. For more information on Cendyn, visit cendyn.com.
EEO Statement and Commitment to Diversity
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Cendyn is committed to diversity and inclusion, and is unified in our shared values and mission.