Customer Delivery | Remote a possibility | Full Time
The Configuration Specialist will work with the Customer Delivery team, Project Managers, the Development team, and other internal stakeholders to understand customer business requirements and implement Cendyn solutions successfully. The Configuration Specialist will configure and troubleshoot Cendyn products, integrations and will contribute to solution design and documentation. The Configuration Specialist will work closely with other members of the Customer Delivery team to prepare customer subscriptions for activation.
- Complete delivery tasks and projects for both external and internal customers.
- Install, test, and troubleshoot Cendyn products and integrations.
- Research and solve data and software related challenges.
- Develop and maintain strong SQL query and process analysis skills.
- Communicate with customers, vendors, and other external contacts as needed to assure customer success.
- Provide escalation support for the Customer Support team, addressing issues directly or engaging additional escalation assistance when needed.
- Work with project managers to establish project timelines and attend meetings with external and internal customers as needed.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the relevant product domains.
- Contribute to process and product design and documentation.
- Provide peer-to-peer training on applications, tools, and best practices.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school graduate as a minimum.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a technical operations or product development environment.
- Understanding of relational databases, MS Windows services, MS IIS Manager, XML/JSON file formats, and data integration methodologies
- Experience working in fast-paced environments.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Agile backlog management tools, such as Target Process (preferred), Confluence, Jira or VersionOne.
- Proven problem-solving skills in a technical context.
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences.
What we offer:
- Start-up culture with opportunity to make an impact in your role and our team immediately
- Compensation corresponding to the value you bring to our team
- Excellent on-the-job learning opportunity to grow your skills
- Support of a diverse and international team to reach your goals
- We are unable to provide relocation assistance for this role - local candidates highly preferred
- We are unable to provide employment sponsorship for this role - unrestricted work authorization required
Cendyn is a cloud-based software and services provider that develops integrated technology platforms for driving sales and marketing performance in the travel and hospitality industry. The Cendyn Hospitality Cloud offers the most complete set of innovative software and services in the industry, covering hotel marketing, guest engagement, group sales, and event management. With offices in Boca Raton, Atlanta, Boston, San Diego, London, Munich, Tokyo and Singapore, Cendyn proudly serves more than 30,000 clients in 143 countries with enterprise meeting spend levels in excess of $1 billion.
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.