Compensation & Benefits Generalist
Human Resources | Remote work a possibility | Full Time
The Compensation & Benefits Generalist will be a team-oriented individual with excellent organizational skills. Incumbent will be responsible for designing, directing and planning the day-to-day operations of compensation and group benefits programs for Cendyn.
The position is remote/home office in the U.S. in one of the following states: Boca Raton FL or Atlanta GA.
- Design, recommend and implement new benefits programs. Examine possible plan designs and benefits cost changes.
- Prepares and maintains job descriptions for each position in the organization; ensures descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents.
- Interviews and surveys employees and managers to gather and document job, organizational, and occupational information including duties, responsibilities, and skills required by each job.
- Assesses jobs and their respective duties to determine classification as exempt or nonexempt and appropriate salary range.
- Prepares and maintains job classifications and salary scales.
- Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information.
- Gathers data from market-based compensation surveys; uses spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- Research job requirements and evaluate job positions to ensure the company is competitive in the areas of salaries and employee benefits.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators. Negotiate with benefits broker, vendors and administrators for best plans, options, and rates.
- Maintains knowledge of economic conditions, labor market, and other factors related to ensuring the organization provides competitive and reasonable benefits and compensation scales and structures.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in compensation and benefits administration.
- Researches and compares incentive compensation plans offered by demographically comparable organizations; assesses competitors plans and makes recommendations for enhancements or improvements required to keep the organizations plans competitive and effective.
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees. Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned processes.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships and all leave of absence requests and disability paperwork.
- Gather employee data and manage process of monthly billings for all group plans.
- Perform plan audits. Prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments. Review data in conjunction with actuarial evaluation task forces.
- Survey industry trends. Complete benefits surveys and review information obtained from the results. Analyze complex benefits information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Monitor administrative costs of benefits programs and recommend cost containment strategies, including alternative methods for administration and funding.
- Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package.
- Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions. Provide training and support to group benefits associates, home office associates and the field staff.
- Active member of the HR team, requiring leading initiatives and programs that are outside of this role as defined above
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management or related field.
- Minimum of five years of related benefits or compensation analyst experience.
- SHRM-CP, CCP or CEBS professional designations desired.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use O365 products.
- Experience with HRIS management; UKG experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
- Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
- Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on proposals (RFPs).
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OSHA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Flexibility to handle fast changing priorities and very high sense of urgency
- Great attention to detail
- Emotional intelligence and professional humility
- Great appreciation for diversity and working in an international team
- Very strong sense of confidentiality
- Professional communication skills under any circumstance
What we Offer:
Start-up culture with opportunity to make an impact in your role and our team immediately
Compensation corresponding to the value you bring to our team
Excellent on-the-job learning opportunity to grow your skills
Support of a diverse and international team to reach your goals
We are unable to provide relocation assistance for this role
We are unable to provide employment sponsorship for this role - unrestricted work authorization required
Cendyn is the leading innovative cloud software and services provider for the hospitality industry. Their software solutions drive sales, marketing, and revenue performance for tens of thousands of hotels across the globe with a focus on integrated hotel CRM, hotel sales, and revenue strategy technology platforms. The Cendyn Hospitality Cloud offers a complete set of software services for the industry, aligning marketing, sales, and revenue teams to optimize their strategies and drive performance and loyalty across their business units. With office headquarters in Boca Raton, FL, USA, and offices around the globe in Germany, Singapore, Thailand, and Japan, Cendyn proudly serves customers in 143 countries. Their software solutions deliver billions of data-driven, personalized communications on behalf of their customers every year. For more information on Cendyn, visit cendyn.com.
EEO Statement and Commitment to Diversity
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Cendyn is committed to diversity and inclusion, and is unified in our shared values and mission.