IT Operations Specialist
Information Technology | North East, MD | Full Time
*This is an internal posting only*
Founded in 1968 to meet the post-secondary and continuing education needs of Cecil County residents, Cecil College has been serving the community and shaping its future for nearly 50 years. The College is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the governor. The College’s fifth president, Dr. Mary Way Bolt, reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
Cecil College is centrally located in Maryland’s most northeastern county, just one half mile from Interstate 95. It is easily accessible from Philadelphia and Baltimore, as well as from Wilmington, Delaware.
With a diverse student population, Cecil College enrolls approximately 2,500 credit students and 3,400 non-credit students. Cecil offers associate degrees, certificate programs and non-credit classes. Cecil offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs.
Through its open admissions policy, Cecil College provides learning opportunities for all who have the desire and ability to benefit from its courses and programs, regardless of age, gender, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or socioeconomic status.
Reporting to the Associate Director of IT Client Services the IT Operations Specialist is responsible for handling a variety of tasks to allow the Division of Information Technology - Client Services Division to take a proactive approach to ensuring continuity of operations and user experience on client systems. The IT Operations Specialist will assist in user trainings, adapting technology solutions to meet the needs of stakeholders, and ensuring that the division takes a proactive approach to solving client services issues to ensure a consistent and fluid experience across client facing systems at Cecil College.
· Assist with the management of daily operational activities.
· Assist with project management by recording assignments, tracking progress, and resolving issues.
· Assist with vendor relations and liaise with project stakeholders.
· Plan and organize trainings relating to IT.
· Prepare and maintain operations documents, procedures and reports.
· Assist with the creation of documentation for dispersal to faculty, staff, and students.
· Assist with the creation of solutions to meet the needs of stakeholders when grants and/or scholarship opportunities arise.
· Assist with change management for client facing systems.
· Assist with ensuring compliance with established standards for client facing systems.
· Assist with inventory and requests of consumable components such as toner.
· Assist IT Help Desk during peak times as determined by supervisor and/or designee.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Education: Associate degree required. Will consider applicants that are in the process of obtaining their associates degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Experience: 2-4 years in customer service/client facing operations
· Skills/Training: Excellent written and oral communication skills; project management and coordination; a calm and collected personal demeanor
· Proficiencies: Demonstrated abilities to manage multiple tasks at once, assess priorities, meet deadlines, strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, and exceptional problem-solving skills
· Scheduling Requirements: Varied work schedule during critical periods that may require weekend and evening work hours depending on the needs of the Division.
For best consideration, please apply to this position by February 22nd, 2021.