Help Desk Technician(s) - Part-time
Information Technology | North East, MD | Part Time
Founded in 1968 to meet the post-secondary and continuing education needs of Cecil County residents, Cecil College has been serving the community and shaping its future for nearly 50 years. The College is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the governor. The College’s fifth president, Dr. Mary Way Bolt, reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
Cecil College is centrally located in Maryland’s most northeastern county, just one half mile from Interstate 95. It is easily accessible from Philadelphia and Baltimore, as well as from Wilmington, Delaware.
With a diverse student population, Cecil College enrolls approximately 2,500 credit students and 3,400 non-credit students. Cecil offers associate degrees, certificate programs and non-credit classes. Cecil offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs.
Through its open admissions policy, Cecil College provides learning opportunities for all who have the desire and ability to benefit from its courses and programs, regardless of age, gender, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or socioeconomic status.
Assist students, staff, and faculty of Cecil College with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology.
Multiple positions available. Applicants must be available from 8am-8pm as shifts will vary. Salary range is $12-$13/depending upon experience. Up to 29 hours a week.
*Please note that this position may be remote and/or on campus during COVID*
- Answer Help Desk phone lines and address any technical support related questions from faculty, staff and students
- Assist with instillation, configuration, deployment and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software
- Troubleshoot Windows & Mac application software and operating systems in order to diagnose and resolve problems
- Utilize remote desktop as a tool in resolving technical issues in a timely manner
- Assist with IT Inventory as needed
- Setup/configure/maintain printers for staff, faculty, and classrooms
- Setup/configure employee cell phones as requested
- Work in tandem with other Help Desk Technicians to ensure work orders are handled quickly and efficiently
- Adhere to all College policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Experience with Windows and Mac computers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products
- Technical knowledge of computer and networking hardware
- Basic Blackboard knowledge preferred
- A+ Certification is preferred
- High School Diploma
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills