Cashier - Part-time
Finance | North East, MD | Part Time
Founded in 1968 to meet the post-secondary and continuing education needs of Cecil County residents, Cecil College has been serving the community and shaping its future for nearly 50 years. The College is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the governor. The College’s fifth president, Dr. Mary Way Bolt, reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
Cecil College is centrally located in Maryland’s most northeastern county, just one half mile from Interstate 95. It is easily accessible from Philadelphia and Baltimore, as well as from Wilmington, Delaware.
With a diverse student population, Cecil College enrolls approximately 2,500 credit students and 3,400 non-credit students. Cecil offers associate degrees, certificate programs and non-credit classes. Cecil offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs.
Through its open admissions policy, Cecil College provides learning opportunities for all who have the desire and ability to benefit from its courses and programs, regardless of age, gender, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or socioeconomic status.
The Cashier is directly responsible to the Accounting Assistant Manager/Student Accounts for performing a variety of accounts receivable functions.
1. Ensuring the receipt of funds due the College including credit & non-credit student tuition & other payments,
2. Reconciling all cash receipts with cash register tapes & computer records
3. Preparing deposits for daily student receipts.
4. Promptly answering telephone & personal inquiries of student account balances when needed; maintaining tact, professionalism, and confidentiality as appropriate.
5. Transmitting Visa, MasterCard, and Discover payments via transmittal machine on a daily basis, reconciling amounts to be transmitted.
6. Verifying acceptability of checks according to College procedures, such as, no post-dated checks, no checks originally made payable to another party, etc.
7. Verifying acceptability of cash to ensure non-acceptance of counterfeit funds
8. Other duties as assigned.
· Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Accounting degree a plus.
· Experience: Must have good math aptitude and great customer service skills
· Skills/Training: Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Proficiencies: Excellent grammar and communications skill a must.
· Scheduling Requirements: Work schedule varies dependent on the needs of the College but may include day, nights and weekends.
Position will be posted until filled.