Basic Electrical Instructor - PT
Workforce Development & Customized Training | Elkton, MD | Part Time
Founded in 1968 to meet the post-secondary and continuing education needs of Cecil County residents, Cecil College has been serving the community and shaping its future for more than 50 years. The College is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the governor. The College’s fifth president, Dr. Mary Way Bolt, reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
Cecil College is centrally located in Maryland’s most northeastern county, just one half mile from Interstate 95. It is easily accessible from Philadelphia and Baltimore, as well as from Wilmington, Delaware.
With a diverse student population, Cecil College enrolls approximately 2,500 credit students and 3,400 non-credit students. Cecil offers associate degrees, certificate programs and non-credit classes. Cecil offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs.
Through its open admissions policy, Cecil College provides learning opportunities for all who have the desire and ability to benefit from its courses and programs, regardless of age, gender, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or socioeconomic status.
Hours: 2x/week, times vary (daytime and/or evening)
Career and Community Education at Cecil College is currently looking for part-time instructors to teach a basic electrical class.
We are looking for talented, motivated, and reliable instructors to provide instruction on:
- Basic electrical wiring concepts, electrical theory, Ohm's law and types of services for residential applications
- Working knowledge of the NEC, with a thorough understanding of Electrical Theory and Code compliance
- A thorough knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in basic wiring, and installing, repairing and troubleshooting electrical systems
Additional responsibilities include: Supervising and monitoring students' use of tools and equipment. Observing and evaluating students' work to determine progress, providing feedback, and making suggestions for improvement. Maintain attendance and administrative forms. Administering assessments to measure progress and evaluate training effectiveness.
- Licensed electrician and Master or Journeyman level
- Must be adept at instructing adult students at various skill levels
- Assistance with curriculum development
- Must have flexibility in availability, including evenings.
- Teaching experience highly preferred.