Lead A/V Technician/Installer (Travelling)
Installation | Miami, FL | Full Time and Contract
Casaplex, an electronic systems integration company in the Washington DC area is seeking qualified individuals to perform the installation and troubleshooting/maintenance of audio/video and automation systems for new and existing residential and commercial clients in the Southern Florida, The Carribean, and South American markets.
The installation work will include pre-wire, trim-out, and finish installation and testing of structured wiring, audio/video systems, control/automation systems, telephone systems, security alarms, CCTV systems, and wired/wireless data systems.
Applicants should be motivated self-starters with the ability to follow directions and translate written instructions/work-orders into finished product.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Wire pulling in new and existing construction.
· Wire terminations knowledge and good soldering skills are required
· Knowledge and understanding of signal & cable types
· Experience mounting flat panel displays as well as projector & motorized screen mounting
· Must be able to differentiate wire colors and pre-wire within established guidelines, quality control standards and written specifications.
· Must be willing to work under pressure, within deadlines, and work well with other trades and peers.
· Proficient use of trade tools and ability to follow safety standards while working on constructions sites and finished homes.
· Must be able to train customers on the use of systems that are installed
· Must have strong communication and customer service skills and be willing to lead other technicians
· Must possess a clean professional appearance and positive attitude
· Ability to accurately read wiring diagrams
· Must have all tools needed for basic installations.
· Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel with a clean driving record, a valid driver’s license with proof of insurance.
· Must be able to safely lift up to 75 pounds, work in confined spaces (attics, crawl spaces, etc) in varied weather conditions.
· Must have at least 2+ years in the Custom Audio/Video Installation industry as a field installer.
· CTS certification preferred but not required.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Computer proficiency required.
· Good mechanical/fabrication skills are helpful
· Direct supervisory experience a plus
· Experience or interest in video-conferencing a plus
· Familiarity with Crestron/AMX controls a plus.
· Construction industry knowledge a plus
· We offer competitive wages and Medical/Dental Benefits
· Outstanding long term career opportunities with room for advancement for the right individuals.