Lead A/V Technician/Installer (Travelling)
Installation | Miami, FL | Full Time and Contract
Casaplex, an electronic systems integration company in the Washington DC area is seeking qualified individuals to perform the installation and troubleshooting/maintenance of audio/video and automation systems for new and existing residential and commercial clients in the US, Carribean, Latin and South America.
The installation work will include pre-wire, trim-out, and finish installation and testing of structured wiring, audio/video systems, control/automation systems (Crestron), access control systems, security alarms, CCTV systems, and wired/wireless networks.
Applicants should be motivated self-starters with the ability to follow directions and translate written instructions/work-orders into a finished product.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Wire pulling in new and existing construction.
- Wire terminations knowledge and good soldering skills
- Knowledge and understanding of signal & cable types
- Experience mounting flat panel displays as well as projector & motorized screen mounting
- Must be able to differentiate wire colors and pre-wire within established guidelines, quality control standards and written specifications.
- Must be willing to work under pressure, within deadlines, and work well with other trades and peers.
- Proficient use of power tools and ability to follow safety standards while working on constructions sites and finished homes.
- Must be able to train customers on the use of systems that are installed
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills and be willing to lead other technicians
- Must possess a clean professional appearance and positive attitude
- Ability to accurately read wiring diagrams
- Must have all tools needed for basic installations.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel with a clean driving record, a valid driver’s license with proof of insurance.
- Must be able to safely lift up to 75 pounds, work in confined spaces (attics, crawl spaces, etc) in varied weather conditions.
- Must have at least 2+ years in the Custom Audio/Video Installation industry as a field installer.
- CTS certification preferred but not required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Good mechanical/fabrication skills are helpful
- Direct supervisory experience a plus
- Experience in video-conferencing a plus
- Familiarity with Crestron controls a plus.
- Construction industry knowledge a plus
- We offer competitive wages and Medical/Dental Benefits
- Outstanding long term career opportunities with room for advancement for the right individuals.