VMS Helpdesk Manager
IT & IS | Sunrise, FL | Full Time and Contract
VMS Helpdesk Manager 952239
We are a leading Consumer Products company looking to fill a Service Desk Supervisor position. The candidate will be responsible for the Service Desk operations and the delivery of services following ITIL ITSM methodology. The Supervisor ensures that all phases of Service Desk work are properly coordinated, monitored, logged, tracked and resolved appropriately. The Supervisor is responsible for providing support and management to the Service Desk Team and is instrumental in the motivation and growth of the Service Desk’s capabilities.
Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $40/hr
- Worksite: LeadingCPG company (Sunrise, FL 33323)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision 401k, PSL
- Manage prioritization and resolution of issues.
- Maintain integrity in the Service Desk tracking software.
- Coordinate department process improvement efforts.
- Monitor and report compliance with established SLAs.
- Develop and maintain ITSS Service KPI within the Service Desk software.
- Implement policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected.
- Create and maintain quality indicators of department's services for problem and change activities.
- Establish and maintain a service oriented Service Desk culture.
- Participate in the On-Call Incident Management rotation.
- Maintain a central source of information enabling Service Desk staff and support technicians to recover outages with minimum disruption to expected service levels.
- Effective management of service calls, problem reporting, problem research, problem diagnosis, and problem resolution to include updating the service log.
- Establish and maintain escalation procedures to ensure no time is lost bringing tickets to resolution.
- Communicate with the business when issues are escalated and impacting multiple users / processes.
- Manage external ITSS Service Desk vendor and contractors to resolve escalated issues.
- Improve usage of Service Desk resources and increase productivity of the team.
- Perform periodic client follow-ups to verify final resolution and determine satisfaction level.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and daily guidance to Support Desk staff and the ITSS Service Desk program.
- Manage ITSS asset inventory.
- An Associate’s Degree in an applied technology area such as Information Systems or Computer Science.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Service Desk/Support Desk, or other IT Services role.
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional leadership experience.
- Experience in leading a hands-on team and working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures including ITIL methodologies.
- Proven experience in implementing and supporting Service Desk tools.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Knowledge of MS Office/Outlook, Windows, IE, Active Directory, network connectivity, printer and drive mapping.
- Experience with server and or desktop virtualization.
- Experience with networked storage.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Good phone etiquette, communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to simultaneously work on multiple Service Desk tickets in a successful fashion.
- Experience developing, documenting, and training others on technical work instructions.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- MCSE, MCP, Apple ACSP, CompTIA A+ or ITIL Certification.
- Knowledge of Kaseya or ServiceNOW platforms.
- Experience with Mac computers.
- Monday to Friday - 8am to 5pm
- 40 hrs/wk, 4 month assignment