Design | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
UX Designer 704864
We're looking for a user experience designer with a strong creative vision, an excellent portfolio and a proven ability to unpack and take on hard problems using all the tools in the designer’s toolbox. The scope of work will include user research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, and production work. You will be working on a project that centers around users who are implementing our technology in complex broadcast-industry tools, so it is essential that you can understand video and audio concepts such as encoding and compression (or at least be able to come up to speed quickly).
- Work with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to create product UIs that help users achieve their goals.
- Create deliverables to communicate your designs: wireframes, functional specifications, site maps, user journeys, flows, personas, visual comps, prototypes, production assets etc.
- Work with marketing and branding to create a visual design that embraces and extends our style
- 5 years experience shipping complex professional audio and/or video tools as part of an agile/lean team.
- You have a clear understanding of layout, color, typography, and motion design.
- You have a clear understanding of when and how to use standard user-centered design methodologies such as user research, uncovering user journeys, building personas, information design, wireframe development, user testing, design iteration, visual design, documentation and asset production.
- You can think through user problems, find appropriate solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
- You can enthusiastically defend your designs with everyone from developers to senior executives and can incorporate feedback that improves your work.
- You aspire to excellence, but you understand that “real artists ship”.
- You know what level of detail is right for any situation.
- You thrive in ambiguity and make progress when faced with uncertainty.
- You love to learn and you’re keen to grow as a designer.
$75-$80 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94103 3 Month Assignment