User Experience Researcher
UX | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
User Experience Researcher 10632
A leading professional networking and development company is seeking an User Experience Researcher. The successful candidate will partner and collaborate with product design, content design, product management, engineering, marketing, market research, and data science. The ideal candidate has prior experience in user or design research. The company offers a great work environment!
User Experience Researcher Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $85 - $95/hr
- Worksite: Leading professional networking and development company (Remote)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment
User Experience Researcher Responsibilities:
- Partner with design, product, and marketing colleagues to understand business needs, and design appropriate research studies to generate user-focused insights.
Design and conduct user research studies, including surveys, in-depth interviews, field studies, focus groups, and concept/prototype testing.
Foster collaboration with designers, product managers, marketers, and sales to translate insights into actionable recommendations that inform innovation and execution.
Work in partnership with other researchers and organizations within LinkedIn (e.g., data analytics) to create comprehensive and coordinated research strategies that triangulate data from different sources/methods to develop recommendations.
Deliver compelling research findings with clear recommendations.
User Experience Researcher Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in user or design research.
- Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with understanding which method/s to use according to different needs, and how to combine them, including secondary research (e.g. literature reviews), and can arrive at a clear set of recommendations is preferred.
- Experience working on a product team.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to identify research needs resulting in small to medium-scale projects quarterly; can actively scope a research brief and seeks guidance from more senior ICs is preferred.
Ability to apply processes effectively based on the problem and project objectives, understanding how/where their work fits and relates to others is preferred.
- Ability to create a narrative, with different levels of detail according to their audience; knowing the key takeaways and how to get them across both to their own peers, and a broad range of stakeholders is preferred.
- Demonstrate appetite/aptitude to influence and drive change; Able to handle small problems autonomously, while incorporating feedback and guidance from more senior researchers in order to deliver rigor, depth, and quality is preferred.
- Ability to effectively convey moments of friction or delight from the customer's perspective, and create empathy, putting stakeholders in the user's shoes are preferred.