Technology Contract Manager
Procurement | Durham, NC | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Technology Contract Manager 992317
A leading consumer products company is seeking a Technology Contract Manager to be responsible for assisting with the contract life cycle, which includes changes and modifications and the enforcement of performance clauses, including incentives and remedies.
Technology Contract Manager Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $80
- Worksite: Leading consumer products company (Durham, NC 27701)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Technology Contract Manager Responsibilities:
- Partner with Global Strategic Sourcing, legal, security, compliance, IT, functional stakeholders – Marketing, Finance, HR, Product Supply, R&D etc., and suppliers to negotiate and execute base technology agreements (Services, Software licensing/SaaS, hardware, POC, etc) and statements of work (SOWs) by leveraging company templates.
- Utilize company playbook to negotiate alternative language and fall back positions with suppliers. Partner with legal for guidance and approval during negotiation and prior to agreement signature.
- Complete required documentation – legal intake request, contract coversheet, etc. and maintain the contract management database (Apttus) that contains all executed contracts, as well as contracts that are under development but are not yet active.
- Work with all teams (security, compliance and tax, HR, accounts payable [AP], and so on) to ensure that vendors are performing in accordance with existing requirements and regulatory obligations.
- Provide input to the knowledge base of negotiating strategies, best practices, and negotiation personnel and teams. Make improvements to processes, procedures, and workflow for contract management.
Technology Contract Manager Qualifications:
- Minimum of five years' experience with negotiating and managing contract life cycles, with an emphasis on technology and IT service agreements
- Experience in managing large complex contracts in one or more IT categories, including hardware, software, service and telecom
- Strong understanding of technology risk management, including cybersecurity and PII/confidential data. Familiar with regulatory requirements (CCPA, etc)
- Using and maintain contracts in Apttus/CLM system
- Strong project management, communication, and time management skills
- Experience working with all key departments (security, compliance, finance, tax, AP, legal and procurement), and knowledge of procurement and vendor management practices
- ITIL experience desired, but not required
- Knowledge of IT concepts and systems
- Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment