Technical Support Call Operator
Telecom | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Technical Support Call Operator 874885
The Operator Services Unit is the “front door” for both the community. Operator Services staff answers both internal and external calls, providing requested information. The telephone operator must have the ability to act independently in the absence of a supervisor or manager as well as be proactive and have the analytical skills to provide assistance in a wide variety of areas.
- Operates Siemens PBX Console, Northern Telecom Console, AMCOM, smartweb database
- Answer and extent all incoming calls in polite, helpful and professional manner.
- Provides caller assistance with regard to location and telephone number.
- Provides local and long distance call placement for in-house staff. Connects callers to appropriate external operators.
- Answer emergent telephone lines.
AFTER HOURS support:
- Receive calls after hours and will transfer calls to appropriate department.
- Provides Paging and Paging Information Answers to in-house page requests.
- Pages are requested, with guidelines and protocol with respect to digital and overhead pages.
- Provides on call services on a 24/7 basis.
- Performs alphanumeric paging for calls.
- Responds to the emergency situations according to protocol. These would include Bomb Threats, and disaster declarations.
- Maintains current listing of employees.
- Maintains accurate logs for incident reports and trouble logs as required.
- Submits data entry corrections via custom applications to the data system administrator or evening shift to insure correct and current information is contained in the operator database.
- Special projects assigned by the Supervisor or Manager that are within the incumbent’s classification.
- Performed by the Evening and Night Personnel: Serves as primary data entry staff to extract and input data into several custom applications.
- Evening and Night Personnel Additional Duties for operators: data entry function will be performed.
- Custom application updates: departmental name and telephone number lists.
- Performs changes to existing information as noted by Operator Staff or Management.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to communicate with a diverse population
- There can be emergent/emergencies that requires coordination with internal resources
- Good customer service
- Prior experience in a communication position – i.e. switchboard, Comm Tech, PBX Operator strongly preferred
- Work experience with a “windows application” on PC
- Willingness to learn
- Second language skill may be used in the work environment
$23 per hour San Francisco, CA 94115 3 Month Assignment