Staff Backend Software Engineer
Software ENG & DEV | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Staff Backend Software Engineer 1035381
A leading video, audio, and voice technologies company is seeking a Staff Backend Software Engineer. The successful candidate will build new services, functionality, increase scale, and deliver quality work against technical and schedule challenges in an agile environment while following strong software design and process principles to meet our customer demands. The ideal candidate should have a solid background in the fundamentals of software development as well as a deep understanding of best practices in various languages and technologies. The company offers a great work environment!
Staff Backend Software Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $90/hr
- Worksite: Leading audio video, audio, and voice technologies company (Remote, willing to work West Coast hours if needed)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment
Staff Backend Software Engineer Qualifications:
- 3+ years professional experience designing, developing & deploying commercial, scalable, and secure web services.
- B.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or comparable field.
- Fluency in Java, Python, or similar.
- Proficiency in web development frameworks like Spring / SpringBoot (Java), Django/Flask (Python).
- Experience with REST API design & development.
- Experience working with SQL, non-SQL, and in-memory database systems and knowledge of data concepts related to relational databases and NoSQL stores.
- Understanding Docker, Kubernetes, logging, and other web applications deployment/monitoring considerations.
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Agile/Scrum, and CI/CD environments.
- Experience building a serverless service is a plus.
- High-level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications.
- Flexible attitude and able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements and business needs.
- Comfortable with refactoring and scaling the existing systems.