Sr Systems Engineer Windows Server
Software ENG & DEV | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr Systems Engineer Windows Server 8962
A leading tech company in the professional networking industry is looking for a Sr Systems Engineer Windows Server to join the team. The successful candidate will participate in back-end operational duties and assist with the development of Powershell scripts. The ideal candidate has strong Windows Server administration, Powershell Scripting, and Puppet skills. The company offers a great work environment!
Sr Systems Engineer Windows Server Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $60-$70/hr
- Worksite: Leading tech company in the professional networking industry (Sunnyvale, CA 94085)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Sr Systems Engineer Windows Server Responsibilities:
- Participate in back-end operational duties, including management of existing and deploying new Windows Server systems, monthly patching, backup/restores, inventory, troubleshooting issues, performance, capacity, defining disaster recovery plans, establish procedures and documentation. Provide overall support, monitoring, reporting, GPOs, tooling, and automation of the Windows server platform and related Windows Based Enterprise Services like DHCP, DNS, RDS.
- Assist with the development of Powershell scripts to automate and improve patching, using Puppet for configuration and deployment processes.
- Build great tools for Self-Help and Infrastructure Automation to reduce the ticket workload for Lower Tier Support and speed up user ticket resolution. Work closely with Helpdesk and Regional IT to see how we can help reduce or automate the ticket count for the Windows services. Participate in client-end operational duties related to the Services supported by the team.
- Knowledge sharing, conducting training or mentoring as needed to the team.
- Deliver improvements to source code management, cost control, security, monitoring, and audit. Meet the Work collaboratively with peers in the
- Compute team on virtualization and cross-platform interoperability tasks.
- Collaborate with the extended Core Bangalore Team, and be available to work with Global Helpdesk, Regional IT, and others teams in the event of critical outages.
Sr Systems Engineer Windows Server Qualifications:
- 6+ years in IT, 5+ specifically related to the management of Windows Server systems hosted in a virtual environment and Azure
- 6+ years supporting DNS, DHCP, RDS, WSUS, and other Windows Services
- 4+ years strong scripting in PowerShell. Puppet and DSC experience will be a plus
- Experience supporting Windows server 2012, 2016, 2019 systems in an environment with Windows, Mac, and Linux clients.
- Experience in core protocols such as TCP/IP, SSH, SMTP, LDAP, DNS, OSI Layer, networking concepts, VLANs, Firewall, ACLs and Load-balancers.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting n-tier applications utilizing the least privilege model, JIT access,
Work with business units to translate needs into technical requirements to design, implement, and support applications utilizing recommended best practices.
- Experience with Windows 2012, 2016 and 2019 (preferred)
- Experience with VMware ESX 6.0 (preferred)
- Experience with authoring custom PowerShell cmdlets and modules, PowerShell best practices, and Desired State Configuration (DSC) . Puppet is desired. (preferred)
- Experience participating in IT compliance audits (PCI, SOX, etc) (preferred)
- Experience working in Azure (preferred)
- 40 hours/week, 12 Month Assignment