Sr Systems Engineer
Software ENG & DEV | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr Systems Engineer 8798
A leading tech company is looking for a Sr Systems Engineer to join the Infrastructure Team. The successful candidate will support the core team and will be responsible for the management and operations of the VMware vCenter platform and underlying Cisco UCS physical infrastructure platform for internal business partners. The ideal candidate has experience with automation at scale, centralized configuration management, and supporting an operations team by providing tools, training and documentation. The company offers a great work environment!
Sr Systems Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $65-$75/hr
- Worksite: Leading professional networking and development company (Sunnyvale, CA 94085. Local candidates preferred, but open to Remote)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Sr Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
- Participation in back-end operational duties, including management of existing and deployment of new virtual server systems, patching, backup/restores, inventory, troubleshooting issues, performance, capacity, defining disaster recovery plans, establish procedures and documentation. Provide overall support, monitoring, reporting, tooling, and automation of the VMware vSphere 6.7 environment along with the underlying Cisco UCS blade server infrastructure.
- Lead development of PowerShell scripts to automate and improve processes. Build great tools for Self-Help and Infrastructure Automation to reduce the ticket workload for Lower Tier Support and speed up user ticket resolution.
- Knowledge sharing, conducting training or mentoring as needed to the team. Deliver improvements to source code management, cost control, security, monitoring, and audit.
- Work collaboratively with peers in the adjacent Platform, Network and Storage teams on virtualization and cross-platform interoperability tasks.
- Collaborate with the extended Core Bangalore Team, and be available to work with Global Helpdesk, Regional IT, and other teams in the event of critical outages. 50% Operations work and Automation focused with a 50% focus on Project Work.
Sr Systems Engineer Qualifications:
- 6+ years in IT, 5+ specifically related to the management of the VMware vSphere platform and underlying server technologies.
- 4+ years scripting in PowerShell/PowerCLI
- Experience in core protocols such as TCP/IP, SSH, SMTP, LDAP, DNS, OSI Layer, networking concepts, VLANs, Firewall, ACLs and Load-balancers.
- Experience provisioning, maintaining and troubleshooting storage devices using FC, iSCSI and NFS
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting n-tier applications utilizing a least privilege model.
- Work with business units to translate needs into technical requirements to design, implement, and support applications utilizing recommended best practices.
- Experience with Cisco UCS blade server architecture (preferred)
- Experience with authoring custom PowerShell cmdlets and modules, PowerShell best practices, and Desired State Configuration (DSC) (preferred)
- Experience participating in IT compliance audits (PCI, SOX, etc) preferred.
- Experience using Ansible or another form of configuration management tool (preferred)
- Experience with Riverbed SteelFusion Edge appliances (preferred)
- Usage of monitoring tools, such as VMware vRops for reporting/troubleshooting (preferred)
- 40 hours/week, 8 Month Assignment