Sr Software Engineer, DevOps
Software ENG & DEV | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr Software Engineer, DevOps 1010264
A leading data protection company is looking for a Sr Software Engineer, DevOps. The successful candidate will further develop and support DevOps features for a data protection solution. The ideal candidate must have strong experience with using Terraform and Ansible. The company offers a great work environment!
Sr Software Engineer, DevOps Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $65/hr
- Worksite: Leading data protection company (Santa Clara, CA 95054)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Sr Software Engineer, DevOps Responsibilities:
- Build DevOps automation to quickly create, manage, and teardown Kubernetes-based infrastructure on demand. The automation framework would target on-premise and cloud Kubernetes environments including but not limited to Google, Amazon, Azure, VMWare, and Redhat Openshift.
- Deploy the application containers in the clusters in an automated way on the clusters that are brought up.
- Set up any other automation that would be needed by the team.
- Work in a highly collaborative agile team, actively participate in knowledge sharing all while communicating across teams in a multinational environment.
Sr Software Engineer, DevOps Qualifications:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- MS/BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field of study
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in Terraform and Ansible.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in scripting languages like python or shell.
- Knowledge and experience of deploying applications for any of the popular public cloud environments like AWS, Azure, and Google using Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience in automating the deployment of and maintenance of docker-based applications for Kubernetes environment for cloud and/or on-prem. Proficient in the use of REST API and webservices.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies including unit testing and TDD (test-driven development
- Knowledge or experience in using Virtualization technologies like Docker, Hypervisor, Virtual Machines
Working knowledge of standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory) is a plus.
An understanding of data protection solutions for file systems, storage, and cloud technologies is an advantage is a plus.
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment