Sr. Software Engineer
Software ENG & DEV | Mountain View, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr. Software Engineer 9273
A leading tech company in the professional networking industry is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join the Big Data Platform team. The successful candidate will help develop and operate mission-critical infrastructure services and applications that power both internal and end customers use cases. The company offers a great work environment!
Sr. Software Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $85-$9/hr
- Worksite: Leading tech company in the professional networking industry (Mountain View, CA 94043)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Sr. Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Lead the technical design, implementation, and deployment of software solutions
- Ensure that projects are successfully executed meeting the company's standards for quality software engineering
- Design and ship a high volume of elegant code with the foresight to avoid performance, scalability, usability, maintainability, availability, and testability issues.
- Maintain understanding of the latest technologies and tools and leverage them to improve existing products and services.
- Identify opportunities within the team for potential leverage and reuse by developing libraries, APIs, and shared services
- Assist in the onboarding and ramp-up of new engineers
- Contribute towards the definition of product and technical roadmaps
Sr. Software Engineer Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including hands-on technical leadership
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Proven track record of developing large-scale highly available services and systems in either Java or Python.
- Working experience in the development as well as consumption of Web Services APIs (JSON / XML / RPC)
- Working experience of build systems, databases, and Linux-based infrastructures
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong understanding of architectural models and technology stack used for developing highly scalable and highly available web applications and systems
- Good understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Experience developing Big data applications a bonus
- Experience developing with infrastructure management applications a bonus
- 40 hours/week, 8 Month Assignment