Sr Software Engineer
Software ENG & DEV | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr Software Engineer 985881
A leading data protection company is looking for a Sr Software Engineer to join the team. The successful candidate will develop code using Go language for the Kubernetes core environment by extending the functionality of the existing Kubernetes operator. The ideal candidate has development experience in the Kubernetes environment and has the ability to work and communicate openly in a distributed work environment. The company offers a great work environment!
Sr Software Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $55/hr
- Worksite: Leading data protection company (Remote, PST work hours)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Sr Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Develop code using Go language for the Kubernetes core environment by extending the functionality of the existing Kubernetes operator.
- The candidate is expected to have good knowledge of Kubernetes environment from core development standpoint and should be able to use the programming language to interact with various Kubernetes objects like pods, Persistent volumes, persistent volume claims, Secrets, ConfigMaps, etc.
- Expected to write and develop REST API endpoints in a microservice runnings in a docker environment.
- The candidate should be proficient in the use of Kubernetes commands using kubectl and should have a good understanding of the Kubernetes API environment. The candidate would also be expected to write unit tests and component-level test automation for the code that is developed.
- The Software Engineer will productively work in a highly collaborative agile team, actively participate in knowledge sharing all while communicating across teams in a multinational environment.
Sr Software Engineer Qualifications:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a related field of study or MS/BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in Programming languages Go and Java.
- Knowledge and experience of developing applications in the Kubernetes environment.
- Knowledge and experience in building Kubernetes custom controllers using Go language.
- Hands-on working experience with developing applications for either of the popular public cloud environments like AWS, Azure, and Google.
- Solid knowledge of Object-Oriented principles.
- Proficient in the use of REST API and webservices.
- Knowledge and experience in building REST APIs
- Understanding of software design principles, data structures, algorithms, and architectural practices to solve real-world problems.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies including unit testing and TDD (test-driven development)
Knowledge and experience with storage stacks like CSI, NFS, CIFS, etc is a plus.
Knowledge or experience in using Virtualization technologies like Docker (preferred)
Working knowledge of standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory) is a plus.
Ability to communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a distributed and multinational environment (preferred)
An understanding of data protection solutions for file systems, storage, and cloud technologies is an advantage.
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment