Sr. Product Manager - Broadcasting Data (H)
Product Management | New York, NY | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr. Product Manager - Broadcasting Data 1043653 (H)
A leading digital streaming network is looking for a Sr. Product Manager - Data Products. The successful candidate will be a focal point for features, information, and ideas involving our various data products and pipelines. The ideal candidate will be technically proficient, naturally curious, adept at solving challenges, value team camaraderie, and enjoy a sense of humor. The company offers a great work environment!
Sr. Product Manager - Data Products Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $80-$85/hr
- Worksite: Leading digital broadcasting and media company (New York, NY 10019)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- 40 hours/week, 4-6 Month Assignment, possible conversion
Sr. Product Manager - Data Products Responsibilities:
- Groom a product backlog for data products by partnering with the team, senior management, and other users of our data products in the organization.
- Drive new data product and feature development: Define objectives, identify business cases, write requirements, and monitor success metrics.
- Steer development of new data products and features: Track and communicate priorities, nudge deliverables through completion, understand project status and collaborate with other team members to make sure they are engaged at the right time.
- Research market trends and innovations in data technologies, as well as measurement and monitoring tools.
- Write, clear, comprehensive documentation.
- Engage and support users of our data products across the company. Take a proactive approach in driving the adoption of our data products and analytical tools.
Sr. Product Manager - Data Products Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in product or program management.
- Analytical approach and experience with data-driven product design and decision-making.
- Solid understanding of data storage within cloud-based environments.
- A deep understanding of details and the ability to zoom out and see the bigger picture.
- Can write simple SQL queries to get a general sense of a data set or answer basic questions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and are able to write concise documentation for complex processes.
- Big data and cloud infrastructure experience or familiarity with Python, R, Spark, Kafka, Databricks, AWS, GCS, PySpark or PyCharm.
- Familiarity with stream-processing services such as Kafka, Spark Streaming.
- CS/engineering degree, or equivalent technical training.
- Experience with data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Looker)
- Media industry or streaming service experience (may consider candidates outside the industry if they have all of the other must-have qualifications)
project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, or similar.
Detail-oriented. Strong organization skills.
- Ability and desire to thoroughly document processes and projects.