Sr. Product Counsel
Legal | Oakland, CA | Full Time
Sr. Product Counsel
We are a leading technology company seeking a highly motivated, proactive attorney to join the product counseling legal team and report to the VP, Product Legal. The right person for this position must be a team player who provides practical legal advice to clients and has collaborative interpersonal skills. This is a unique opportunity to take the lead on a wide range of critical and interesting product-related issues in a fast-paced and fun company delivering streaming experiences to millions.
Sr. Product Counsel Pay and Benefits:
- Salary: $200K+, plus bonus
- Worksite: Leading streaming company (Oakland, CA 94612)
- Job type: Direct hire
- Partner with members of internal product development, engineering and product operations teams throughout the product development lifecycle to drive and document compliance with the law and our policies, with an eye toward mitigating risk.
- Respond promptly to a wide range of legal requests from our engineering and product development teams, at all levels of management, and communicate complex legal issues in a clear, actionable manner.
- Ensure compliance with U.S. and international laws and regulations dealing with intellectual property, consumer protection, and advertising; and work with privacy team on user privacy and data protection issues.
- Review, draft, and negotiate licenses and other similar agreements.
- Demonstrate ability to integrate and work well with other legal teams, product management, engineering, and other internal business partners.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of legal resources, policies and processes to help the legal team and our clients be more efficient and scale
- Engage with outside counsel as appropriate.
- 6+ years of product counseling experience required, some in-house experience preferred
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- Must be licensed and in good standing to practice law in the United States
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, consumer protection laws, open source, data use, and ad technology
- Knowledge and experience with privacy-related issues (preferred, but note this is not a privacy counsel role)
- Experience working with mobile and other Internet and technology companies (preferred)
- Strong skills in project management, prioritization and attention to detail
- Experience taking initiative and working independently and cross-functionally
- Experience working on multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Proven problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Technical Skills: MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Collaboration Tools: Google Suite, Slack