Sr. DevOps Engineer (H)
IT & IS | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr. DevOps Engineer 9669 (H)
A leading professional networking and development company is seeking a Sr. DevOps Engineer. The successful candidate will help the Application Engineering team scale their organization and their infrastructure in support of a rapidly growing business. The ideal candidate has experience with automation at scale, Azure technologies, and supporting an operations team by providing tools, training, and documentation. The company offers a great work environment!
Sr. DevOps Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $90-$100/hr
- Worksite: Leading professional networking and development company (Sunnyvale, CA 94085)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
- 40 hours/week, 12 Month Assignment
Sr. DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
- Be a key contributor to the team in a DevOps-oriented, cloud-focused systems and infrastructure engineering organization.
- Responsible for migrating on-prem workloads to Azure.
- Assess applications on on-prem for Azure readiness and work with the business to understand application architecture and work on mitigating limitations for the migration.
- Provide automation, tooling, and continuous delivery services for Azure in Enterprise Productivity used by the company’s internal enterprise IT organization and its internal customers.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables related to your technical expertise and assigned domains.
- Keep an indomitable work ethic, reject setbacks, and persist enthusiastically until goals are achieved. Be resourceful and innovative at tackling complex challenges in a timely matter.
- Be flexible and adaptable in order to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.
- Be a results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds self-accountable to performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and product initiatives.
- Be a strong, analytical problem solver with common sense and practical solutions orientation.
Sr. DevOps Engineer Qualifications:
- 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- 4+ years of experience in cloud-focused software development in C#, Python, or other object-oriented programming languages.
- 2+ years of experience in managing and deploying Azure services via declarative cloud management languages (e.g. Azure ARM templates)
- 2+ years of experience in infrastructure build and release engineering, including the creation of CI/CD pipelines, and the authoring of integration and unit tests.
- 2+ years of experience in Azure cloud systems and architecture.
- 2+ years of experience deploying and managing Azure IaaS and PaaS services, including Azure DevOps, App Services, Application Gateways, Azure Scale Sets and API Management.
- 2+ years of experience with DevOps core concepts and Agile software development practices.
- 2+ years of experience in Azure virtual network design and architecture, including Network Security Groups, hybrid connectivity via ExpressRoute, and forced tunneling.
- 2+ years of experience with the Azure DevOps suite (formerly Visual Studio Team Services / Visual Studio Online) or comparable cloud-based Continuous Delivery platforms.
- 2+ years of experience with serverless and containerization technologies, such as Azure Functions, Service Fabric, and Kubernetes.
- B.A./B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or related practical experience.
- Experience building infrastructure automation and cloud management platforms at scale.
- Attention to detail, candidate must live by the mantra, “The devil is in the details” and will take great pride in getting it right.