Sr AV Engineer
Software ENG & DEV | Heathrow, FL | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr AV Engineer 802628
The Sr AV Engineer role maintains responsibility for crafting and delivering video conference and audio/visual technology that facilitates collaboration globally. This person will be responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and planning of these technologies in accordance with established regional and global standards. Technology responsibilities include, but are not limited to, conference room and video conferencing. Tight-knit collaboration with global partners and vendors to ensure alignment is critical to this role.
- Lead a global effort with Work Place Services to develop and formalize conference room design standards and guidelines including technology selection and own the overall user experience.
- Partner with Workplace Services to oversee global construction and renovation projects to ensure design standards and guidelines are adhered to.
- Lead solutioning efforts for future conference room technology projects such as ad-hoc booking, wayfinding, and One Button to Join.
- Assist with technical design, pricing and identify any logistical challenges
- Generate functional system descriptions and block diagrams
- Identify all cabling and miscellaneous material needs
- Review pre-construction design and documentation
- Design, document, implement and maintain video conference and AV solutions for conference rooms.
- Lead the activities of AV integration vendors on projects including review and approve proposals and CAD drawings.
- Ensure AV integration vendors understand the standards and deliver the solution in accordance to the requirements.
- Develop a feedback loop to appropriately adapt AV systems in response to evolving design, business, and operational needs.
- Partner with other teams to ensure AV solutions align with security and networking standards.
- Ensure local variances from standards are tracked and compatible with the global footprint.
- Collaborate with support teams and solve operational issue escalations.
- Deep expertise with video conference, AV switching, control hardware (Cisco, Extron, Crestron)
- Shown ability to run video conference and AV project delivery in a geographically distributed environment
- Experienced in managing vendors across multiple projects and geographies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide range of design, construction, and technology specialists
- Strong awareness of current trends in video conference and AV technology
- Good understanding of network technologies and security concepts
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Personal sense of accountability
- Multitask in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and complete tasks on time
- Able to communicate effectively with personnel at all levels (staff to executive)
- Able to quickly adapt to new technical concepts and tools
- Experience with Webex, Zoom, and MS Teams or Skype
$65-$70 per hour Heathrow, FL 32746 3 Month Assignment