Sr. Admitting Worker (L)
Administrative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr. Admitting Worker 926300 (L)
The Sr. Admitting Worker is responsible to meet patient needs, demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills, and foster a harmonious work environment in which high quality patient care and customer service are consistently provided. The company offers a great work environment and the chance to grow your career at a leading healthcare provider!
Sr. Admitting Worker Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $25
- Worksite: Leading medical institution, (San Francisco, CA 94143)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision 401k, PSL
Sr. Admitting Worker Responsibilities:
- The Principal Admitting Worker duties include screening all incoming patient transfers to Medical Center, processing reservations and confirming insurance eligibility, and counseling patients and their families regarding their financial liability.
- Patient Placement Coordinator duties include procuring the assignment of beds from nursing units for incoming patients, tracking patient flow throughout the hospital, and performing census reconciliation.
- Financial Counselor duties include screening and assigning patient liabilities for all emergent, urgent, and self-pay patients, processing reservations, confirming insurance eligibility and benefits, and secure authorizations.
- Transfer Center duties include procuring the assignment of beds from nursing units for incoming patients, tracking patient flow throughout the hospital, and performing census reconciliation.
Sr. Admitting Worker Qualifications:
- AA degree or equivalent years of related experience and education
- Two (2) years’ experience at the Sr. Admitting Worker or comparable level
- Proficiency in health insurance eligibility and authorization requirements and reimbursement financial policies
- ADT experience required, knowledge of office machines; typing 30 wpm. Must have basic PC skills
- Second Language is preferred
- Typically Monday-Friday, candidates must be willing to work flexible hours, including holidays, weekends, overtime and other shifts as assigned depending on operational needs.
- 40 hours/week, 2 Month Assignment