Quality Assurance | Durham, NC | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Specification Associate 980441
A leading consumer products company is seeking a Specification Associate. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting Research & Development (R&D), in collaboration with Quality and Regulatory, in the development of raw material and formula specifications for dietary supplements. The ideal candidate has good mathematical skills and experience with electronic filing systems such as MasterControl, Intelex, PLM (SAP), etc. The company offers a great work environment!
Specification Associate Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $25/hr
- Worksite: Leading consumer products company (Remote)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Specification Associate Responsibilities:
- Accurately and thoroughly create raw material and formula specifications.
- Archive completed documentation within the company’s electronic filing system.
- Regularly report progress towards objectives.
- Engage suppliers to obtain ingredient profile documentation (specifications, certificates of analysis, and supplier statements).
- Work with internal stakeholders to determine appropriate quality metrics that are consistent with the application of finished products.
- Work with existing templates and work processes to organize and enter data to document specifications.
Specification Associate Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Nutrition Science, or other closely related discipline preferred, or 2+ years of relevant experience in developing dietary supplement specifications.
- Experience in food, pharmaceutical/dietary supplement, or regulatory environment.
- An understanding and familiarity with chemical names and units of measurement. Experience with botanicals, dietary supplement regulations, and the U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP) (preferred)
- Strong MS Word and Excel skills; Proficient in Outlook. Demonstrated ability to learn and utilize software/technology.
- Ability to take a problem and look for alternative solutions as well as steps necessary in order to achieve the desired goal(s).
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment