Software Engineer #PP
Software ENG & DEV | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Software Engineer 10037 #PP
A leading professional networking and development company is seeking a Software Engineer. The successful candidate will partner with product, design, and stakeholders across the content production and post-production teams to build our centralized content management product. The ideal candidate has proven coding skills in Java and strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design. The company offers a great work environment!
Software Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $40-$50/hr
- Worksite: Leading professional networking and development company (Remote)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k
- 40 hours/week, 12 Month Assignment
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Own the back-end development for key projects in our product and collaborate with visual/interaction designers, other engineers, and product managers to launch new features, iterate on existing features, and build a world-class user experience.
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24x7.
- Produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Implement cutting-edge technologies and will be writing state-of-the-art code to keep the company at the cutting edge of current technology.
- Make the site delightful, secure, performant, and accessible to all our members.
- Meet with colleagues including product managers, designers, and other engineers assigned to your project(s).
Software Engineer Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or 3 years of industry experience.
- Proven coding skills in Java and strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design. Similar level as front-end.
- Basic command-line skills and version control (Git, etc)
- Experience in designing and building backends and APIs for web services at a large scale, and common tools used to build it like IDEs, JUnit, etc.
- Experience with relational databases (transactional and non-transactional), database architecture, and distributed transaction management.
- Experience with large-scale streaming systems like Kafka, Samza, Spark. (preferred)
- Strong technical design sensibilities, including a collaborative approach to API design. (preferred)
- Experience building consumer-facing products, including collaborating with product, design, and other cross-functional partners from ideation through production release. (preferred)
- Experience with good software design and implementation skills incl. documentation, design trade-offs, resource management, monitoring, and troubleshooting. (preferred)