Social Media Producer
Social Media | New York, NY | Part Time, Contract, and Temporary
Social Media Producer 707190
The Social Media Producer main responsibility is to grow, develop and maintain the main social media accounts, along with aiding our editorial production during Saturdays and Sundays. Using all of our channels, the Social Media Producer will be tasked with cultivating a strong and consistent brand voice for our company. The social media accounts that the Social Media Producer will be responsible for but not limited to our Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn accounts. The job may involve on and off location publishing, including using a VPN. Ability to think creatively, effectively collaborate with peers and teach best practices will be critical in this role. This successful applicant will also be expected to have exceptional writing skills, specifically with attention-seeking headlines.
- Write daily social posts, including captions, copy and content with a primary focus on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook accounts, but not excluding our Instagram, Flipboard and LinkedIn accounts.
- Act as a key editor for the creative direction, copy, timing, and frequency of social posts
- Responsible for working in Photoshop to design video-specific thumbnails for our YouTube and Facebook channels.
- Responsible for keeping a well organized and documented schedule of programming, working with various in-house producers and content creators.
- Writing clever, SEO-friendly, attention-grabbing headlines and title deck information.
- Responsible for putting YouTube annotations on a large portion of our videos uploaded to our YouTube channel.
- Responsible for publishing content into our video CMS.
- Working closely with our Growth & Engagement team to make certain all locally-produced video content is being published on-site, in addition to other syndication platforms (YouTube, Facebook, etc) when necessary.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and grammar skills while prioritizing a high volume of work
- Exceptional communication skills; a passion for Tech & Entertainment.
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop.
- Understanding of Adobe Premiere, and other Adobe CC products preferred.
- Comfortable working on tight deadlines and at a fast pace.
- Excellent writing skills with great attention to detail/grammar.
- Demonstrated experience using various social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Flipboard and LinkedIn
- You combine a strong tone of voice with a witty sense of humor.
- Must be a self-motivated thought-leader with a can-do attitude who can organize their work, innovate, and problem solve
- Extremely organized/meticulous.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Media or any other related field
- Previous experience managing social media platforms and community brands
- Experience with social posting platforms (ie. Sprinklr, Social Flow, Hootsuite)
- Proficiency using Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
$22 per Hour New York, NY 10019 3 Month Assignment Part-Time position (Saturdays and Sundays)