Site Reliability Engineer
Software QA | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Site Reliability Engineer 10467
A leading professional networking and development company is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer. The ideal candidate has experience with troubleshooting in Unix/Linux. The company offers a great work environment!
Site Reliability Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $120-$130/hr
- Worksite: Leading professional networking and development company (Remote - Must work PST hours - Candidates local to the Bay area are highly preferred)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k
- 40 hours/week, 12 Month Assignment
Site Reliability Engineer Responsibilities:
- Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of one or more of our Internet-facing services.
- Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with "operability" in mind.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
Site Reliability Engineer Qualifications:
- 5+ years in a UNIX-based large-scale web operations role is preferred.
- 2+ years experience with troubleshooting in Unix/Linux.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or another technical discipline, or related practical experience.
- UNIX/Linux systems administration background.
- Programming skills (Python, Perl, Ruby, Java/Scala, or C)
- Experience with web-based Java/J2EE architectures and JVM configuration.
- Python experience, specifically for systems automation.
- Must have strong coding experience.
- Previous experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- Knowledge of data structures, relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, web architecture, and related topics
- MySQL or any other RDBMS experience is good to have.
- Participate in a 24x7 rotation for second-tier escalations.