Senior Technical Accountant
Accounting | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary | From $65.00 to $70.00 per hour
Senior Technical Accountant 10796
A leading professional development and networking company is looking for a Senior Technical Accountant. The successful candidate will collaborate with key cross-functional business partners including our US and international accounting and stakeholders in corporate development, tax, legal, and FP&A. The ideal candidate has prior accounting/finance experience at a US based multinational company. The company offers a great work environment!
Senior Technical Accountant Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $65 - $70/hr
- Worksite: Leading professional development and networking (Sunnyvale, CA 94085, Open to remote, Candidates in Pacific time preferred, Must be able to work Pacific office hours)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment
Senior Technical Accountant Responsibilities:
- Interpret U.S. GAAP accounting standards and SEC guidance to determine the accounting and financial reporting treatment, including internal control considerations, for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions or agreements.
- Prepare or review technical accounting memorandums for significant or non-recurring transactions specific to M&A in accordance with ASC 805.
- Responsible for the purchase price accounting for M&As in accordance with ASC 805 in compliance with corporate policies.
- Support the integration with acquired finance team for our integration of accounting records, journal entries, and reconciliations in accordance with the corporate close calendar.
- Support the partnership with internal and external valuation specialists to complete purchase accounting for acquisitions.
- Communicate key highlights and impacts of acquisitions and investments to finance & accounting business partners and accounting/finance leaders.
- Support ad hoc and M&A process, policies, and other M&A improvement projects.
Senior Technical Accountant Qualifications:
- 4+ years of accounting/finance experience at a US based multinational company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA (active/inactive).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with Oracle ERP system or equivalent.
- Work independently and perform multiple concurrent and diversified tasks in an agile work environment.
- Strong documentation & communication skills.
- General understanding of ASC 805- Business Combinations.
- General Understanding of SEC filing requirements and US GAAP.
- Ability to exercise judgment and critical thinking skills in each key responsibility listed.
- Strong interpersonal skills (oral and written).
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels across the organization.
- Audit background and acquisition experience would be helpful.