Senior Software Test Engineer (H)
Software ENG & DEV | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Senior Software Test Engineer 1882 (H)
As part of this team, you will ensure that the quality of our products exceeds the expectations of our customers. Your expertise in automated testing of highly interactive web application and large scale distributed systems will help transform the way we collect, view and analyze enterprise data. The work we do is technical, challenging and interesting. We are looking for test engineers who have a quality mindset, love to break software, automate testing and who want to understand how parts work together to make the system function.
About the Team
The Analytics Test team is a diverse group of engineers. We spend our time writing software to break software and increase development productivity. At the core, we are responsible for the quality of the software that we ship and we take pride in doing so. We build and scale our test infrastructure to match the growth of our product, keeping them fast, reliable and robust, from end to end. We use proprietary and open source automated testing tools to support our rapid and continuous development/test/deployment release cycles.
We each bring a diverse set of skills to the team which makes our work meaningful and collaborative. We value innovation, integrity and we care about our customers. We want them to experience the best of class analytics product that we could possibly build, but we are also flexible, fair and considerate of our teammates. By joining the team, you can expect that you will make a meaningful contribution. You can expect an inclusive, diverse, and fun team that will challenge you, support you, and help you grow.
- You are at the right place if playing around with data is your passion
- You will be validating the various aspects of the data using high quality visualization and always ready to challenge the results
- Own the end to end delivery of the feature starting from planning, execution and automation
- You will be working closely with highly skilled developers and designers
- Be fearless in raising concerns when quality is not as expected
- We are looking for individuals with great debugging skills
- Develop automation test scripts using Java, python and WATS, proprietary automation framework
- Experience in testing full stack software either in UI, API or database layer
- Well versed in CI/CD and experienced in building efficient, effective and reliable regression testing pipeline. Practitioner and team advocate of best practices in keeping pipeline healthy
- Build and maintain framework and inventory of automated test suite
- Evaluate the need of new automation frameworks based on project scope
- Optimize existing automation suites with industry standard practice
- Provide a reliable way for team members to build automated tests, and get reliable results.
- Primary point of contact for triaging automation failures and bring them to a resolution
- Collect automation failure metrics, analyze root cause and recommend corrective measures
- Be a customer advocate and work closely with the team to ensure our testing strategy and environments resemble closely to customer use cases
- Develop expertise in our product solutions, and use that expertise and your experience to help design and qualify the solution as a whole
- Mentor junior SDETs on the team on automation techniques and best practices and on board them on the team.
- Experience in performance testing is a plus
- MS in Computer Science or related field and 5 years relevant experience or BS in Computer Science or related field and 7 years relevant experience
- With all the technical expertise, what we are looking into you is a great team player. Our team is made up of highly motivated and skilled engineers but at the same time we ensure that fun never goes away and we feel accomplished at the end of the day.
$75 per hour Remote (Preference for Bay Area/PT based Candidates) 6 Month Assignment