Senior Software Engineer
Software ENG & DEV | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Senior Software Engineer AEM – Markeeting Technology Engineering 8279
The Marketing Technology Engineering group creates and operates delightful technology that enables the company to execute all of its business functions at optimal scale and margin. Our software solutions creates impact across all of the entire enterprise, and as an engineer on our highly cross-functional team, you will be responsible for creating tools, systems and processes that empowers the business to operate as efficiently and useful as possible. You will fundamentally shape how the business works faster and easier, by leading projects with multiple stakeholders across functions as diverse as sales, marketing, finance, HR, legal, customer operations (and more!). These projects will use best in class engineering practices to enhance the developer experience as well deliver appealing software to our users.
If you are a passionate engineer who thrives in a fast paced, test-driven, collaborative, and agile development environment, this is the career opportunity for you.
- Proactively collaborate with business and product management partners, and to design, build and optimize technical solutions for business success.
- Develop and maintain the AEM platform along performance, reliability and user-centric features.
- Scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speediness and quality.
- Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross functional, and company-wise critical programs. Provide guidance, leadership and mentoring to peers and team members.
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or 6+ years of related practical experience.
- 2+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions.
- 3+ years minimum experience required in Content Management Systems in general, with at least 2 yrs of specific AEM experience
- MS or PHD in computer science, software engineering or similar practical experience.
- Hands-on AEM development experience, including design of templates, components, widgets and dialogs
- Experience with other AEM modules such as DAM, Forms/LiveCycle and mobile
- Experience with Java development, Java Server Pages and related technologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with REST, Web Services, Web application frameworks
- Experience with ORM Java frameworks (Hibernate preferred)
- Experience with build automation tools such as Ant, Maven and/or Gradle
- Experience in TDD and test software including jUnit, TestNG, Mock frameworks
- Knowledge of Java IDEs and source control management (ideally GIT, SVN or similar)
- Strong adherence to a consistent delivery methodology and associated deliverable generation
$140-$150 per hour Remote (PST based candidates preferred) 12 Month Assignment