Senior Manager, Content Marketing
Digital Marketing | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Senior Manager, Content Marketing 964800
A leading podcast and audiobook company is seeking a Senior Manager, Content Marketing to lead and develop marketing campaigns with cross-functional teams. The successful candidate will drive sales and listening for both individual titles and slates of content, execute buzz-worthy marketing plans for both individual titles and slates of content, identify and coordinate event activations for both individual titles and slates of content including programming and digital media opportunities, and support and build-out talent communication around our promotional efforts. The company offers a great work environment!
Senior Manager, Content Marketing Benefits:
- Worksite: Leading podcast and audiobook company (Newark, NJ 07102)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Senior Manager, Content Marketing Responsibilities:
- Develop compelling creative campaigns and assets that drive sales and listening of specific titles and slates of content in close coordination with cross-functional teams including PR, social, marketing, editorial, and video.
- Support and build out our existing communications with Original authors and talent to help them understand the powerful promotion and engagement the company provides.
- Engage in close contextual work to ensure the successful creation of compelling promo assets including; writing interview questions for author/talent videos, close reads of manuscripts for pull quotes, audio clips, audiograms, animated videos, and creating marketing copy as needed.
- Identify and execute programming opportunities at both internal and external events and prepare talent for panels and talks via key messaging and talking points
- Identify and execute slate marketing opportunities at tentpole moments over the course of the year
- Develop and manage project plans for multiple small-and-large-scale projects simultaneously keeping all the deadlines and details in line.
- Maintain the release calendar, content descriptions and track all promotional plans
- Lead and manage weekly and monthly meetings with cross-functional teams in order to receive and further disseminate critical information on a title-by-title basis
- Support content creators by providing information and promotional tools
- Track completed promotions and perform analyses as needed to monitor effectiveness; communicate results to key stakeholders
- Special projects as assigned by the Senior Director of Content Marketing to facilitate the team’s smooth operation
Senior Manager, Content Marketing Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of experience in related fields (entertainment properties or media preferred, but not required).
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Background in online consumer marketing or merchandising.
- Ability to perceive the “hook” for promoting a piece of content.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Maniacally detail-oriented.
- Comfortable with high-volume throughput – we work with lots of titles at any given time and be able to keep track of project status.
- Thrive in a high-energy, high-intensity, and rapidly evolving environment.
- Highly pro collaboration with teams and individuals across the institution.
- Interest/experience in marketing multicultural content preferred.
- 40 hours/week, 9 Month Assignment