Senior Art Director
Creative | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Senior Art Director 943489
The Senior Art Director will report to the Creative Director and work within a multi-disciplinary team to produce work that is culturally-relevant, newsworthy, and deserving of a consumer’s time and attention. You are fierce advocate for the consumer and want to become a leading voice in how we can continually generate excitement and expand it’s audience.
The role of the Senior Art Director is very hands on with their creative and will stay with projects including providing oversight in all phases of production.
The Senior Art Director is also expected to be opportunistic and entrepreneurial in finding and creating new ways to raise and elevate brand awareness.
We trust a creative to get the job done and maintain integrity and professionalism while working your team and your marketing partners to help maintain a positive work culture and environment.
- Creates strategic, conceptual campaigns that position the company experience at the intersection of culture and entertainment.
- Consistently develop a compelling visual approaches that generate excitement, understanding and engagement within the target market.
- Collaborate productively with Senior Copywriter, Creative Director and marketing business partners to develop a creative launch campaign that:
- Perfectly communicates the unique proposition of the company experience
- Leverages core consumer insights, human truths, and native behaviors to leverage in order to attract, compel, and convert the target audience
- Innovates how we approach channels and other consumer touch points
- Leverages data, if available, to inform creative strategies and positioning
- Elevate the brand
- Work closely with Copywriters, Designers and Creative Directors to concept and implement a complete campaign, across a multitude of owned and paid channels, ensuring that a visual narrative is consistent, contextually relevant, targeted and meaningful.
- Serve as a leader within the team to inspire creative thinking, keeping current with innovative practices and applying them to the development of new creative.
- 7-10+ years of Art Direction experience.
- You believe that better design makes life better.
- Understand the design nuances that make digital, social, print and broadcast channels unique Extensive experience with digital, social, TV, print and experiential campaigns.
- Outstanding portfolio of national brand work
- Experience as a leading voice creating forward-thinking concepts across interactive and traditional media while maintaining corporate branding standards and delivering against creative briefs.
- Strong communicator, and great partner to designers and other internal teams
- Ability to decipher needs from teams who may struggle to provide clear creative direction, and translate into compelling creative strategies and language that will deliver on desired KPIs
- Experience collaborating with and leading external agencies, as well as internal stakeholders
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high-quality work.
- Can-do, problem solver who fuels a positive work environment and wants to have fun
- Lover of new, next entertainment
- Experience in entertainment, tech marketing
Newark, NJ 07102 6 Month Assignment