Senior Admitting Worker
Healthcare/Medical | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Contract
Senior Admitting Worker 961812
We are a leading hospital looking to hire two Senior Admitting Workers who have strong admitting and authorization experience, as well as strong customer service and patient-facing skills.
Senior Admitting Worker Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $25/hr
- Worksite: Leading medical institution (San Francisco, CA 94143)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision 401k, PSL
Senior Admitting Worker Qualifications:
- This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all medical center locations.
- AA degree or equivalent years of related experience and education
- Two (2) years’ experience at the Sr. Admitting Worker or comparable level
- Proficiency in health insurance eligibility and authorization requirements
- Proficiency in reimbursement financial policies
- ADT experience required, knowledge of office machines; typing 30 wpm. Must have basic PC skills.
- Ability to problem solve; ability to analyze data and recommend changes
- Must be able to multi task and prioritize
- Ability to follow instructions; work quickly and accurately in a fast paced environment
- Analytically and grammatical skills are necessary to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Articulate and concise oral communication and the ability to write clearly and concisely
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a culturally diverse staff and patient/family population.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
Second Language preferred
Previous experience in hospital setting preferred
Basic knowledge of Medical Terminology
Knowledge of government program regulations, MediCal, Medicare, MIA, CCS, and other third party payors
- Variable shifts including days, nights, weekends, and starts as early as 5:30am.
- 40/hrs per week, 2 month assignment