Risk Management Adminstrator (H)
Administrative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Risk Management Analyst/Adminstrator 890328 (H)
This position provides administrative and analytical support to the Executive Director of Risk Management, 2 Risk Managers, Risk Management Coordinator and the Senior Analysts, the Risk Management Committee, the Allocation Committee, The Task Force on Test Results, The Patient Behavior Task Force, the physicians peer messenger program (PARS) EMMI and supports activities within the overall division. The Analyst represents the Director in all interactions with physicians, staff and all levels of management.
- Support to the Executive Director and 6 Risk Management Staff
- Provides analytical, claims management and administrative support.
- Supports the Executive Director in all capacities including, but not limited to, daily schedule and all written, telephone and e-mail correspondence, exercising sound, professional judgment in accordance with the Medical Center customer service standards.
- Conducts telephone intake for Risk Management Consultation calls, responds to questions within scope of knowledge and triage for review by other risk managers
- Reviews medical/legal cases (70+ on going cases at any time), consolidates the information, writes a synopsis of the case and settlement memo for senior management.
- For Office of the President, independently drafts report on significant patient complications, providing an overview of the situation and resolution.
- Supports the CHO Risk Manager in scheduling meetings.
- Responds and supports employees who have questions as to why they are being called into a meeting of a very sensitive nature.
- Researches medical records for pager calls taken by Director. Develops a synopsis based on medical record review and updates the database with their research.
- Processes, proofreads, edits, and distributes policies and procedures, confidential letters, reports, legal reports, minutes, and other documents; review, analyze and summarize reports.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information
- Based on research, independently develops responses on behalf of the Director to requests and inquiries from other facilities and executives, and outside organizations and agencies.
- Coordinates all travel arrangements, reimbursements and itineraries for the Director.
- Responsible for triaging and prioritizing telephone calls based on urgency, patient safety and potential liability. Triages and responds to daily calls (10 – 15 per day) regarding urgent situations or clinical matters. If no one is available, incumbent independently manages the call. And resolves the matter. If the call needs to escalated, determine appropriate member of the team to handle the issue and provides them with background on the situation. Serves at the point of first contact for risk management issues related to patient care, medical staff, clinical research activities and other risk consultations. Deals directly with patients, their families or caregiver regarding their concerns/issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 - 5 years applicable work experience or a combination of education and
- Two to three years of working in a health care environment with proficiency in high level administrative and analytic support
- Demonstrated competency in clinical risk management practices and claims administration.
- Excellent analytical and independent problem-solving skills in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, and ability to work with others to coordinate multiple projects; ability to meet deadlines.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat document development and Visio.
- Knowledge of Excel (Access) software program. Ability to run analytical (excel and other) reports and summarize information.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to function independently and within a team with minimal supervision, demonstrating excellent judgment, attention to process and detail.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and ability to set priorities and manage multiple demands effectively.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment in handling sensitive and confidential issues with discretion.
- Able to prioritize work and escalate concerns to the Executive Director
- Able to work in high stress environment with individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Evidence of leadership, crisis management, quick thinking, calmness under pressure, creativity, integrity, initiative, flexibility and problem solving skills
- This position requires the flexibility to orient and work from multiple locations across the Bay Area
$36 per hour San Francisco, CA 94143 1 Month Assignment