Quality Assurance Engineer
Software QA | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Quality Assurance Engineer 823787
- Define QA Strategy and choose appropriate tools
- Own QA for large scale systems that are deployed across Web, Mobile Web and Native applications
- Deliver test automation, quality requirements, designing functional and performance test suites and producing deliverables that exceed commitments.
- Responsible for the architecture of test automation solutions, determining current limitations and compatibility between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities.
- Generation of metrics and information that improve development practices on the team
- Review and critique of technical requirements and software design specifications and software implementation.
- Instilling best practices for test suite automation and frameworks and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of software QA experience preferably
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Have experience in defining E2E test strategy spanning across multiple systems, writing test plans, test automation
- Have experience owning QA for large scale systems
- Background in test automation using Java and applicable languages.
- Working knowledge of common automation frameworks such as JUnit or TestNG
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Experience in test automation for mobile applications and devices
- Experience with test and behavior driven development
- Knowledge of Oracle/SQL
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes
- Solid grounding in computer science fundamentals; Algorithms and Data Structures
- Be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is the only constant.
- Be a team player with high energy.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
- Passion for software testing and quality
Newark, NJ 07102 8 Month Assignment