Quality Abstractor Analyst
Technical Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Quality Abstractor Analyst 821003
Involves analysis of complex regulatory reporting using data to provide insight to decision-makers. This level requires special skills and knowledge in several areas such as coding, data processing, and billing systems, governmental systems and programs. Identifies specified cases to be abstracted and reported by the Medical Center from various reports, medical records and electronic files. Abstracts and codes information in the prescribed format to satisfy the requirements of Regulatory and State programs. Maintains systems programs for tracking cases and quality control. Must be familiar with electronic medical records and practices. Must be able to coordinate and take lead on quality control projects involving other analysts in the department. Completes assignments within the designated time frame and according to requested specifications.
- Collaborates with business, technical, and clinical leadership to plan, develop, implement, and analyze highly-complex clinical informatics systems.
- Designs internal processes to distribute reports and/or dashboards to ensure an optimal and efficient user experience and functionality, integrity, and reliability of systems.
- Utilizes internal and external sources to collect, verify, and abstract moderately complex data related to the quality of patient care.
- Assists with the development of appropriate data reporting structures to support quality reviews for new initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities for performance improvement for clinically related safety indicators for both process and outcome metrics.
- The assignment includes projects with clinical complexity and organization-wide scope and involves understanding of numerous variables and interrelationships that lead to new recommendations.
- Consults with team members and process owners to gather and clarify data and reporting requirements for highly-complex outcome improvement solutions and regulatory and quality analytics.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots highly-complex data errors and problems, designing, testing, and applying advanced functional solutions.
- Evaluates data sources for relevance, integrity, and accuracy. Identifies issues and collaborates on solutions to data management challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- In-depth knowledge of quality abstraction standards, clinical chart review and regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of quality improvement models, tools, and techniques, including collection, aggregation, abstraction, analysis, and reporting of data.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills to manage highly-complex information, assess problems, and develop effective solutions.
- Advanced organizational and project management skills, with the ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to produce and deliver presentations to diverse audiences.
- Advanced interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with managers, professional and technical staff.
- Ability to apply advanced problem-resolution skills to highly complex issues, quickly diagnose problems, and develop, test, and implement appropriate and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of clinical standard terminology, clinical workflows, user interface optimization, clinical decision support, rules development, data integration and mining, clinical ontologies, adoption of technology.
- In-depth knowledge of all relevant clinical informatics software and systems, and of the highly-complex concepts, principles, policies, methodologies, techniques, best practices, regulations, and standards practices involved with patient care and electronic medical data management in the health care system.
- Advanced expertise in Epic clinical and administrative workflows.
- Three years of Epic abstraction experience
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced Certification or equivalent experience/training
- Advanced interpersonal communications skills, to convey highly technical information and instructions to all levels of clinical users in a clear and concise manner, to provide technical support, and to develop and deliver training materials as needed.
- Five years of relevant experience in a healthcare setting, preferably an academic medical center environment
$40 per Hour Location: Remote 3 Month Assignment