Project Manager (Scrum Master)
Project Management | Burbank, CA | Full Time and Contract
Project Manager, Product Design & Creative 764715
We are looking for an experienced project manager/scrum master for the PMO team, for our product design and creative media initiatives. assisting with the flow of work to ensure teams are working at full capacity and no projects fall behind.
We are looking for a quality individual who takes initiative, has pride in their work, has a keen ability to drive important initiatives to the finish line in an agile and iterative fashion. You have a keen eye for the creative and attention to detail and will also be involved in facilitating various creative and content media initiatives that are important to the company. You are a solution provider, change-agent, expert of jugglers, and our evangelist of the agile process who not only manages team priorities, but also multiple design and creative dependencies for and from other teams. With a passion for process, you keep your eyes on the delivery goal, and coaching your team to do the same, leading several distributed efforts from start to finish. You often are the representative of the product design and content teams to all the other scrum teams, and internal stakeholders, but you have the knack to be “traffic controller” of priorities, understanding their unique creative needs, all the while bringing in agility to their process. Your communication skills give new meaning to the word “transparency” and you’re not afraid to crack the whip when deliverables start to slip. Above all, you deliver the design projects on time, on budget, and on target.
- Manage the product design team’s projects on properties like some of our online brands and more across all platforms including mobile and OTT for devices like Roku and Apple TV. Tasks may include, but not limited to, managing the complete design life cycle for multiple projects, resource allocation and scheduling, quality reviews, stakeholder sign off, and risk management.
- Project manage various creative initiatives that our multiple teams depend on, ranging from design, UX testing, content media management and demos to stakeholders.
- Run weekly or by-sprint planning and status meetings, unblocking the teams’ impediments.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and organized appropriately.
- Plan and track design tasks in Jira, and devise opportunities to improve team efficiency and trackability.
- Run user testing projects when needed on new products or features.
- Agile project management of software development cross-functional teams comprising of onsite and offsite engineers, QA, a product manager, an engineering manager and design resource.
- Work with Product, Engineering, other Project Managers and various stakeholders to prioritize and coordinate design and creative efforts to deliver on schedule, ensuring team collaboration, proper planning, execution and delivery are timely for the overall success of the projects.
- Coach, facilitate and start consistent and beneficial Agile process methodologies for the product design team, driving process and transparency, by conducting agile frameworks that can help designers do their best work.
- Communicate with the business around teams velocity and projects health not just for your own teams but supporting the PMO in reporting on all Design status
- Scrum Master certification with good understanding all things Agile (Scrum, Kanban and other methodologies) including the ceremonies of backlog grooming, standups, sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective.
- 3-4 years multi-project management experience in a fast-paced, deadline driven, technical (SDLC) environment across Web, Mobile Applications and OTT platforms
- Experience working with Designers, Web Designers, Mobile App Designers. UX designers and/or creative teams.
- Proficiency in tools: Jira, Confluence, google suite, Slack, and ability to whip up a presentation or project plan when needed.
- A proactive, efficient, and resourceful approach and ability to thrive in a creative and deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication and status sharing skills, and excellent listening skills
- Willing to travel occasionally between San Francisco and Los Angeles
- Lots of ideas to bring to the table to help organize and manage complex and time-driven requests for the product design team.
You might also have
- Previous use of Design asset tools like Zeplin and InVision
- Experience working with social media coordination and content creation teams.
- Experience with Content Management Systems, Subscription or Membership sites, Publishing Systems, Digital Media sites development, video and/or knowledge of advertising concepts (traditional and/or online)
- Expert Admin JIRA user.
- Been a designer, media producer or QA engineer before.
$50-$55 Per Hour Burbank, CA 91505 4-6+ Month Assignment