Producer, Unscripted Original Content
Content Management | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Producer, Unscripted Original Content 961981
A leading podcast and audiobook company is seeking an experienced, editorially proven, and well-connected Producer, Unscripted Original Content to join the team, focused on ambitious podcast content programming. The ideal candidate will have editorial vision, creative flair, extensive production experience, a desire to raise standards at all times, and a track record of success. The successful candidate will work with third-party producers, as well as internal and external partners, to lead the delivery of high-profile, high-quality programming. The company offers a great work environment!
Producer, Unscripted Original Content Benefits:
- Worksite: Leading podcast and audiobook company (Newark, NJ 07102)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Producer, Unscripted Original Content Responsibilities:
- Project manage the development, launch, and delivery of a slate of the company's Canada Original podcasts.
- Communicate and align with in-house Production Manager, Business Affairs, Studios, and wider teams, as well as external teams in North American and Europe.
- Provide notes, script editing, and other development/production support for all third party production partners
- Manage key talent and third-party producer relationships as required.
- Ability to respond to production-sensitive deadlines/demands, quick turnarounds, and partner requirements in a timely, proactive, and effective manner.
- Ensure timely and appropriate responses to third-party submissions/enquiries/contributors, in order to protect and build the company's industry/creative community reputation.
- Work closely with internal teams on budget development, marketing and merchandising strategies, promotional campaigns, and utilization of our in-house production resources.
- Work closely with other members of the Original Content team and contribute to the wider content strategy.
- Manage overall production budget and compliance process across projects for which they’re responsible.
- Maintain high editorial standards in their output at all times.
Producer, Unscripted Original Content Qualifications:
- 5 years of experience.
- A strong understanding of podcasting, audio or entertainment formats, particularly with a focus on Canadian content trends and their global potential.
- Experience in content development, project management, commissioning, and/or audio production, ideally with significant experience with Canadian content-makers, talent, and agents.
- An extensive network of relationships in terms of writers, agents, producers, directors, sound designers, musicians, rights owners, etc.
- Proven development/writing/production/editing skills
- Solid knowledge and/or understanding of digital storytelling trends and factual/entertainment programming techniques.
- Thorough understanding of compliance and health and safety guidelines as applied to productions.
- Impeccable people skills, both in terms of maintaining internal relationships and fostering external ones.
- Working knowledge of French and an ability to consult on Quebec-focused French podcasts (preferred)
- Ability to interpret and apply audience insights, research, and listening data (preferred)
- An understanding of digital content services (either download to own and/or streaming) within the Canadian content landscape, inclusive of French Canada (preferred)
- Ability to record, edit, mix and process digital tape (ProTools/Adobe Audition/ or similar experience in other proprietary audio editing software advantageous) (preferred)
- 40 hours/week, 9 Month Assignment