Private Cloud Operations Engineer
Software ENG & DEV | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Private Cloud Operations Engineer 2252
A leading enterprise software solutions company is seeking a Private Cloud Operations Engineer. The successful candidate will support the VMware IaaS platform, the infrastructure across the globe and ensure consistent availability. The ideal candidate has experience and knowledge in Linux support and administration, as well as running a fleet of servers, FC switches, and storage, and working with HashiCorp Vault. The company offers a great work environment!
Private Cloud Operations Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $75/hr
- Worksite: Leading enterprise software solutions company (Pleasanton, CA 94588)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Private Cloud Operations Engineer Responsibilities:
- Use existing automation tools to perform day-to-day operations duties.
- Develop automation to continue to drive proactive detection and remediation of issues.
- Identify and tackle hardware/software issues with vendors.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from other teams.
- Facilitate ticket creation and ticket assignment.
- Enforce change control processes.
- Maintain good documentation and templates.
Private Cloud Operations Engineer Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience supporting a 24x7 production environment.
- 5+ years of experience building and maintaining VMware vSphere 6.x platforms.
- 3+ years coding Python.
- Have working experience with Ansible, git, Jenkins, Atlassian products.
- Experience and knowledge in Linux support and administration (preferred)
- Experience running a fleet of servers, FC switches and storage (preferred)
- Experience with HashiCorp Vault is a plus.
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment